Sign in to follow this  
Docile

e36 rear camber

my cars rear tires are slopping out a bit and was wondering will a wheel alignment sort it out? i need to know as i dont my rear tires to go bold in the inside.

Hi, yes a wheels alignment will help it.It will not fix it as it can only be adjusted about 1-2 degrees. If you want it to be perfect you will need to buy an aftermarket camber kit.

nope.. jacked it up 2 days ago and had a look at the suspension set up.. all standard

Factory spec....

Rear

Standard -> Total Toe: 0 deg 24' +/-6' Camber -1.4 deg +/- 15' (deviation of left & right <15')

M3 or M-spec-> Total Toe: 0 deg 24' +/-6' Camber -2 deg +/- 15' (deviation of left & right <15')

Geometric axis deviation for both: 0 deg, +/- 3'

Hope these helps...

Less than a degree negative is good for general / quick driving any more just wrecks your tyres

Rear

Standard -> Total Toe: 0 deg 24' +/-6' Camber -1.4 deg +/- 15' (deviation of left & right <15')

M3 or M-spec-> Total Toe: 0 deg 24' +/-6' Camber -2 deg +/- 15' (deviation of left & right <15')

Geometric axis deviation for both: 0 deg, +/- 3'

Deviation from these specs will cause undue wear unless you toe the wheel out which in turn will add a little more stability un fortunately due to the design of the rear axle you will wear the inside edges but on the upside the rear end is much more controlable live with it.....by the way if you like living on the edge run about 2 degrees camber about 1/4-1/2 a degree toe out and terrorise the local two lane roundabout(recipe for mean as sideways)

Just remember to rotate tyres every 10000 k and there won't be a problem as long as you follow the door card specs for tyre pressures......

post-1052-1155876354_thumb.jpg