Sign in to follow this  
savvi

window fuse

does any one know what numba fuse is 4 the window controls, thanks

fuse 17 on E30's, 30 amp. Does the sliding roof and windows.

sometimes can go weird as there was design flaw. Water runs down the side of hte door joint and into the plastic cover of the central locking mechanism.

The guy installing my alarm for me show how he could get to work and stop working with just hte slightest tap .. maybe just take a quick look in there.

Fuse 17 should be the one. Replace that.

does any one know what numba fuse is 4 the window controls, thanks

cheers but mine is a manual wind sun roof

still 17 for your windows.

sometimes can go weird as there was design flaw. Water runs down the side of hte door joint and into the plastic cover of the central locking mechanism.

The guy installing my alarm for me show how he could get to work and stop working with just hte slightest tap .. maybe just take a quick look in there.

Fuse 17 should be the one. Replace that.

sorry 2 ask this but could you elaborate on how to get the window switches to work with the central locking thing you were on about ,plus my central locking not working but windows were fine a couple of days ago with the central locking not working, thanks its not the fuse either Edited by savini

sorry, I didnt misread the question I thought they just may have been linked.

In the door jam about 1/4 the way up from the bottom of the door you'll find a plastic cover. Behind that is the central locking mechanism. The guy was screwing around in there when he was installing my alarm and managed to make my central locking intermittant by just tapping it slightly. It didnt permanent damage it by any means but it just showed it doesnt take much to take it out. So many open that up, have a look inside see if anything is loose or just give things a bit of the push in and see if it does anything.

Probably a good idea to check the fuse on that one as well. This is fuse 27 which is a 30 AMP fuse.

sorry, I didnt misread the question I thought they just may have been linked.

In the door jam about 1/4 the way up from the bottom of the door you'll find a plastic cover. Behind that is the central locking mechanism. The guy was screwing around in there when he was installing my alarm and managed to make my central locking intermittant by just tapping it slightly. It didnt permanent damage it by any means but it just showed it doesnt take much to take it out. So many open that up, have a look inside see if anything is loose or just give things a bit of the push in and see if it does anything.

Probably a good idea to check the fuse on that one as well. This is fuse 27 which is a 30 AMP fuse.

cheers mate ill have a look, also going to pull all the switches apart an clean contacts

Hey man sorry to sabotage ur post but are none of ur windows working at all..like no switches.Mine doing the same thing.i changed th fuse,lookd for a short wire etc...none of them seemd to work.Let me know if u get it fixed or find wats wrong with it.Someone suggstd it could be switches tht are broken but surely not all 6 switches go at once.?

Maybe a stupid question but you have checked the overload button on the dash is sorted right?

haha yeah i made that mistake try pushing the black button(mine has no markings on it) on the dash by your rear demistier button above the clock

lol I did the same thing, except I took it to an auto sparky for them to charge me $60 and tell me it was an overload switch. talk about embaressing.