Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

Need some quick trademe advice

Here's the deal. I have a listing for sale. I need to withdraw it but to me it looks like I will be stung for the same success fee amount as I wouldve paid had the auction finished successfully.

Whats the best plan because I dont want to pay any more than the original listing fee if I can.

As there have been no bids should I whack up the reserve and buy-now and let the auction finish ?

If no bids, easiest way is to do what you suggested, wack up reserve and buynow to whatever and let it run. That way it costs you nothing.

If no bids, easiest way is to do what you suggested, wack up reserve and buynow to whatever and let it run. That way it costs you nothing.

Thanks foxy ;)

What Ive done is remove the buy-now and raise the reserve. What I dont need though is someone to place a bid and see the reserve is now the RRP and not the great discount I had said it was in the listing !

I often put a bid on just to see what the reserve is.

Yeah Martyyn, often play the same game, got caught once tho with a really low reserve and no other bids, got a bargain tho, price you pay for games I guess.

Raise the Reserve, Then add a comment stating the reserve price [if someone still wants it, you are in luck]

you cant raise the reserve once there is a bid

Not that I condone this sort of action but you could create a new account, outbid hteh ighest bidder and then say the auction didnt go ahead. Should get a refund of your fee.

Edited by E30stz

Not that I condone this sort of action but you could create a new account, outbid hteh ighest bidder and then say the auction didnt go ahead. Should get a refund of your fee.

This is specifically not allowed in trademe rules. That said, they don't have to know what they don't have to know I guess...

I have withdrawn auctions before, and not paid the success fee. It just asks you the reason for withdrawal, and gives you a bit of a telling off and warning for doing it too many times. Pretty sure there was no real issue with that.

Well the job is done. I only got one bid at teh starting price and that was it.

Conrod, I read all the rules about withdrawing an auction but it wasnt clear to me whether or not I would be charged a fee so I decided to leave it going.

Anyway all done...thanks fellas.