Sign in to follow this  
Cressidom

Idling Issues/Hesitation

I have this problem..with my car when sometimes the throttle is depressed it seems that the 'signal' is not going thru

and there's a hesitation..so will need to rev it up and then release the clutch to get going.

I also got the problem with the 'bouncing' idling..sometime after running a while and shut down and start up later (when still hot)

The rpm jump up and down and in some cases the engine stalls.IF i apply some pedal to 'even' out..then it's ok.

BUT on shuttin off the A/c and idling becomes like a broken exhaust..(boop bup bup etc)...

Thought it was the MAF..swapped a buddies one..and had the same problem. I"Ve been told to check oxy sensor,crank , cam

or throttle switch (TPS ).

Any with advice tips..greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dom

Not sure if your motor has an idle control valve (ICV), but if it does, clean it!

Bet you its gummed up and sticky.

Carb cleaner, de-greaser, petrol etc will clean the guts of it.

No scratching though! keep those surfaces nice and smooth...

yep hes right, and vacumm leaks are a biggy as well i hear. and thermostat engine temp sensor and coolant sensor.

OK..interesting...

have cleaned out the T/Body..ISCV...about a week ago...still no change...Vacumm leaks maybe..still sorting out thru the usual

places..

Ahh..where's the coolant sensor located - is that the unit in the airbox ?? Thermostat engine temp sensor..hmm..

Ok will check those out as well..

Thanks

Dom

Hi Did the MODIC check with the diagnostic thingy today...

FAULT code 42 - Mass Air Meter - Fault..

So guess it's that then..time to change the MAF.. >>> what difference will i see when i change it ??

Accelaration ?

Idling ?

Others ??

Cheers

Dom