Sign in to follow this  
Nobimmer

Doors are screwed!

Hey,I got a big problem with my doors and they are now the only thing that is stopping me getting a WOF.A sparky came over to put in my alarm but when he came up my driveway and went to open the door and test the C/L,it was stuffed.He thought it was the module tht was burnt out so I got a new one(2 actually).Didn't fix anything.

When I took it for a WOF,the drivers side rear door wouldn't open at all.I fixed that but then the passenfers front door wouldn open.Fixed that then back door again screwed itself.

I replaced the C/L motor but still no change.

Dad and I opened it up and realised everytime we tried to lock/unlock the drivers door,it would blow a 10 amp fuse.So now figure something could be wrong with the wires.There was a big shortage in my car when I first got it but my dad and one if his mates tended to it and there was no problems...till now.

Anyone got any ideas on what it could be?

Cheers

Ashkan

Haha nah man he didn't touch it...wish he had though..kiiiiiding

no easy way round that, youll have to back track with your multimeter in tow, there will be a short somwhere, if no ones touched anything then it should just be a couple of wires rubbing together somewhere, have fun!

Haha yeh man always have fun with the multimeter aye..spent about a day and a half getting intimite with it when I first got it...Can't wait to get close again haha gay