Sign in to follow this  
Shorty

E 36 coupe in manual

A friend of mine rang BMW (I think it was Team Mcmillan - not 100% sure though) They have done a manual conversion on an E36 coupe and they rang up after a peddal box, and they said that they have no such thing as a manual E36 coupe on their system. I was thinking what about the M3 E36's. But apparantly they were saying that according to their records there are no E36 318i, 320i, 325i, 328i coupes in the country. My mate was asking if that meant that they never made them... The only thing I could come up with was that maybe there were no manual ones that were "NEW" in NZ. Im guessing all the manual ones may have been imported.... Anyone have any info on this??

Cheers

Shorty

Of course there are E36 non M3 Manuals in NZ!! They are weird!

Proof of:

Purchased from TMBMW!

NZ New. Registered 17.01.94 toTeam McMillan BMW Newmarket. I purchased from Team McMillan in 2000 at 105,000km. I believe that I am the second owner. Have just purchased a 5 series motorsport, hence the reason for selling. New front tyres. I understand the computer chip has been respec'd for increased power. Sports exhaust. Drives very well. Black leather interior. I have enjoyed this car for 6 years.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.as...&key=204053

Bmw 328i Motorsport 1996

NZ New, Manual, FSH, sunroof & black leather

Full service history from Team BMW, carried out every 10km, or annually. No expense

Search link on Trademe, click to see all the rest

Cheers

Emma

Edited by BMW POWER

man thats just stupid...

my 2 mate shave manual coupes.. a 320i and a 318i

Obviously the guy was an idiot. My ex gf has a manual E36 318i. I have driven several over the years. I expect NZ new is a higher proportion of manuals than are Japanese imports, too.

I completely agree with everyone, I thought that sounded a bit stupid, and I also would have thought there would be a higher percentage of manuals that are NZ new than the amount of manuals imported especially if they were imported from Japan. (They love their autos up there, my dad loves the old mini's and has looked at some on a japanese import website and 98% of them are auto)

Owell cheers for your imput everyone.... I was under the same impression as you all