Sign in to follow this  
petone

AC Shizzle teaser

I got these rims ages ago and they were in a hell of a state; faded paint, bent, and curb rash.

Anyway, a few months and some major headaches later heres how they look. Hopefully have them on the car later this week.

BTW rims are 16 x 7.5

Posted Image

Edited by petone

cool man..how did ya polish the lips?

any other refurb tips? mine are off the car till i can be f**ked doing em

cool man..how did ya polish the lips?

any other refurb tips? mine are off the car till i can be f**ked doing em

seriously unless your broke as or have what you need lying around I'd just pay someone to do them. Takes ages and even supplies/tools cost me a bit, plus a pro will do a better job. I first used 150 to sand back the machine line and then went finer and finer through to 2000 grit. Then used a cotton wheel on a drill with a proper polishing compound, finished with mother mag polish. I also put a wax over the lip/paint which hopefully will make it stay shiny a little longer between polishing.

what silver is that? i like..

hmm..polishing..doesnt sound that bad. haha

depends on the surface your starting with, if they've been polished before it will be easy. But chances are when you get them straightened they will machine the lips again to get a perfect balance, (wish I'd known this before I spent hours removing the curbing myself) and those machine lines are a bitch to remove.

Can't tell you what the center colour is, its off some sort of Citroen. I just had a flick through some colour charts and found it. Getting a nice masking line between the paint and polish was also a PITA.

Edited by petone