Sign in to follow this  
E30stz

Electrical problem or just not optioned

My previous E30 had where you could open the door past a certain degree and still use the electric windows with the key out of the ignition. (handy when leaving the car)

My current E30 doesnt seem to want to do it. Although I'm starting to think this may be a problem as neither of my interior lights come on when the doors open, despite changing settings.

Do you think the door sensors are funked ? an option this one didnt have?

Edited by E30stz

sounds like door sensors

take em out and put the ones from ya old car in...else just try tidy em up with sandpaper sometimes that works

mine did this until i took the carpet out!! and the interior lights still work, so ill wait till ive got the center console in and hopefully it works again, this is what happend last time <_<

I got jiggy with the it and got it working. Not sure what it is exactly, but if I move them, it makes a clicky clicking noise on the LHS beside the speaker in the opposing switch I think. Will replace them both on the weekend.

I got jiggy with the it and got it working. Not sure what it is exactly, but if I move them, it makes a clicky clicking noise on the LHS beside the speaker in the opposing switch I think. Will replace them both on the weekend.

Hi Andy,

The clicking is the relay behind the glovebox that controls the windows from " door open ", as Gus said - dirty contacts in door switches - easy to remove & clean contact area of them or replace if you have others.

Cheers

Grant

If you can hear the relay clicking when you open the doors then the door switches must be working fine.The coil side of the relay must be OK too or you wouldn't hear the clicking but the switch contacts of the relay could still be the problem. Do you have a spare relay to try??

Edited by gmccormack