Sign in to follow this  
Jazzbass

You're not bulletproof

Jordan was one of my wife's cousins - he was 17 - he was bulletproof - he liked to drive hard and fast and was a perfect driver -according to him - after all he was 17, he knew everything about everything. Don't emulate him, please! Killing youself is not a problem for you, but it sure is for everyone else - your family - your friends - anyone you injure when you lose control and all their families etc. You might be an a**hole to the world (and most teens are), but there are people who love you... :(

Police have released the name of a Tauranga teenager who died in a fiery crash near Bethlehem on the outskirts of Tauranga last night.

Jordan Evan Crockett, 17, was killed when the car he was driving collided with a four-wheel drive on State Highway 2 about 9.30pm Both vehicles bursting into flames on impact.

Senior Sergeant Ian Campion said police were still investigating the crash, but it appeared speed was a factor.

Mr Crockett had overtaken an associate's car in a passing lane, lost control and crossed the centre line, he said.

The Nissan Skyline he was driving collided with the rear of the four-wheel drive rupturing the fuel tank, which caused both cars to burst into flames.

Another driver and a nearby resident saved Mr Crockett's 16-year-old passenger, pulling him through a window and rolling him in wet grass to put out the flames, he said.

"It was only the quick thinking and unselfish acts of those two men that saved the boy's life, and they are to be commended."

The teenager underwent surgery today and he was still in a serious condition in hospital, Mr Campion said.

All six people in the four wheel drive, from the same Tauranga family, were injured in the crash.

Two women, aged 42 and 47 were still in intensive care, a 45-year-old woman and nine-year-old boy remained in hospital, and two girls, aged 11 and four had been released.

Edited by Jazzbass

speed would of been a factor if the vehicles blew up on impact,

what was he driving,

sorry to here that :(

For real you were related to him? Sorry to hear Jazz, never a good thing to hear of people dying needlessly. You have my best wishes and condolences.

Savini, According to that statement (Newspaper i guess) he was driving a skyline.

Sorry to hear that.

Yet ANOTHER death on SH2 - (a FINE piece of road).

Fully know what you mean, that road is one of the very few 'nice/comfortable' drives left in NZ wierd how so many crash on it...

Im sorry to hear that Rog.

Ive lost two uncles and a sister-in-law in road accidents and the affect on the families that are left behind cannot be under estimated.

Don't emulate him, please! Killing youself is not a problem for you, but it sure is for everyone else - your family - your friends - anyone you injure when you lose control and all their families etc. You might be an a**hole to the world (and most teens are), but there are people who love you... :(

Well said! I hope that this gets across to any people who read this that do do silly things on the road. its horrible to lose someone especially when they are so young! this sort of thing is happening to often!

Sorry that it happened to you and your family!

I'm terribly sorry Rog. What an aweful way to lose someone.Deepest condolences & sincerest regards.

Gutted Rog, these things seem to happen sometimes. Just be sure to keep things positive and remember the good times not the bad. Take it easy buddy.

Cheers

Andy

Oh that is not cool. Very sorry to hear of your loss - especially for something so stupid. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Sorry to hear Rog man,had a mate die needlessly (Liam Ashley) and it sucks.Just think positive and remember the good shiz bout him.

Regards man

Ashkan

Jordan was a school mate of mine, they had a memorial service for him the friday after the crash.. it was very good.

He had an R32 GTS (Non-Turbo 2.0 Inline 6 RWD Nissan Skyline) and from all i've seen he was generally a very reserved driver.

he was generally a very reserved driver

Quite. However, I doubt that there's anyone here, myself included, who hasn't gone a tad silly behind the wheel when we're with mates....

Quite. However, I doubt that there's anyone here, myself included, who hasn't gone a tad silly behind the wheel when we're with mates....

Agreed. Its going to happen no matter what, we just need to stay sensible about it and use some decent judgement.