Sign in to follow this  
bem-on

e21 race build

Thought I might post my e21 racer want to be.

The idea was to build this into a “who cares if I crash†track car in other words a cheap little toy. Since I bought it ive taken the 2lt m10 out for a rebuild. Found that the rings and bearings were gone which meant that the crank was roughened up so had to get it machined then some custom bearings to fit. its all back together now but im having problems with the carby’s. but wont waste my time with them as I want side drafts.

The interior is pretty mint but im thinking of ripping it out any way. If youre wondering about the e30 ive been procrastinating till now but shouldn’t be long now. lol

the last pic is a bit of inspiration

post-648-1161047776_thumb.jpg

post-648-1161047803_thumb.jpg

post-648-1161047824_thumb.jpg

post-648-1161047851_thumb.jpg

post-648-1161047872_thumb.jpg

post-648-1161047902_thumb.jpg

post-648-1161047966_thumb.jpg

Edited by bem-on

my bad, ill try my best

I understand where you are coming from with your statement “who cares if I c rash itâ€.

I will take it the way you ment (no dig at anyone) Little out lay so if you have a moment on the track and bend it, not a great amount lost.

Looks like a nice car. It would be a shame to crash it - so please don't. Sell it to me cheap instead!

My e21 is a coupe as well, but a 323i (2.3 litre injected) - 1983. The engine is being done up, and is finally ready to put back in now. The crankshaft on mine was fine (I use Mobil 1 and keep it fresh), so just new shells. We replaced the top ring with ones that can't break, although the originals weren't broken anyway, and the original one-piece cast iron oil ring was replaced with three piece steel - the groove had to be turned out from 3.5mm to 4mm for that.