Sign in to follow this  
37 South

Int door handle(1985 E30)

Daughter just called me and tells me she cannot open drivers from inside.Outside door handle works o.k. Has anyone had any problems like this before and tell what the most likely solution is , to fix this problem.

My doors shited out but mine was due to the central locking module crapping out.

Check behind the interior door handle and see if that pin is clipped over the handle properly.If not,undo the 3 screws on the side of the door(where the latch is)...this is the locking mech and check to see if the pin is hooked over properly.

Looks like nobody else has any suggestions or answers. So, looks like trip coming up to have a look at the car and then possibly get some answers and help from a BMW dealer.

the door handles are connected to a metal rod which slides forward and backward, when i was taking part my door the end that was on the door handle snapped off pretty easily. Possibly give the door a shake with the window down and find out whether something is rattling against hte window.

Edited by E30stz