Sign in to follow this  
Surge

M42 318is Engine

M42 E30 318is Engine up for sale for the right price, offers please.

Hard to find in E30 fitment.

136bhp, Twincam motor with factory headers.

I think it's done 150,000kms - can confirm tommorow. Can be heard running, Complete with engine loom, ECU, Brackets, Coil Pack, etc.. Everything you need to have it running in your E30.

Gearbox not included, But is up for sale. Getrag 240 (Gear changes feel very tight)

post-325-1161858162_thumb.jpg

post-325-1161858168_thumb.jpg

post-325-1161858174_thumb.jpg

around a k?

iS swap cars feel real good...was v impressed with the one i drove..feels really good for a 1.8.

around a k?

iS swap cars feel real good...was v impressed with the one i drove..feels really good for a 1.8.

Possibly around that price.

May trademe it. Yeah they go along quite nicely.

Surge,

I am very interested. Why is the engine being sold? What happened to the car it came from? Just trying to get a picture of the history of the engine.

cheers,

cameron

Guest Spargo

Surge,

I am very interested. Why is the engine being sold? What happened to the car it came from? Just trying to get a picture of the history of the engine.

cheers,

cameron

Well it was in an E30, and that little E30 went f**kEN BANG

Hi Cameron,

Apparantly before me it spent most of it's time at the army base and seldomly driven, only for his friend to crash it (sideways in the rain) when he was picking up some mags. The damage to the car was only in the back (the immediate back, smashed the rear lights and bent the boot. Was the most immaculate car I've taken bits off!

I'm selling it as I'm repowering for the third time and need the funds to do so. It's only just been test driven in my car recently as all my body work is being cut into pieces to build some arches.

Would you be able to pack the engine into a crate if i win the auction?

Yeah I can do that, Payment would need to be fairly shortly after the auction - Even payment for the engine, then pay later for shipping. Cheers, James.

cheers james, just sent you an e-mail.

Hi,

Haven't got the mail but noticed your on at the moment. do you have a phone number I could call you on?

Btw my e-mail is xirconz@hotmail.com

Cheers,

James

In the e-mail i was just asking if you got around to doing a compression test on the engine?

i can also be contacted on c.hudson3@ugrad.unimelb.edu.au

or 03 9824 5696 (plus whatever the dialing code is for Australia)

Sold over the weekend. Still have heaps of E30 interior pieces floating around, a few struts etc... Cheers James