Sign in to follow this  
blk320i

ignition noise + trans oil

ive had a search around but cant find much help.

i successfully replaced my ignition today, it is working fine etc but now it has a weird fast ticking noise coming from it. any ideas on what this is and how to fix it?

when i start my car and put it in to drive and accelerate off it doesnt change gear for the first minute of driving then it starts changing correctly. i have been told it may be due to the trans having the wrong type of oil in it and that it needs either thicker or thinner oil. can anyone shed some light on this?

thanks

nick

Edited by blk320i

when i start my car and put it in to drive and accelerate off it doesnt change gear for the first minute of driving then it starts changing correctly. i have been told it may be due to the trans having the wrong type of oil in it and that it needs either thicker or thinner oil. can anyone shed some light on this?

thanks

nick

The govenor in the transmission is sticking, changing the fluid and filter might buy you some time, but it's days are numbered.

Start looking for a replacement trasmission.

Edited by gmccormack