Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

E30 swaybars options

I have been looking at beefing up my swaybar, am running the 19mm 320i one at the moment, and have the larger one in my parts 325i, was looking at swapping them over and have run into a hurdle. I need to source swaybar brackets and bushed but so far i havn't found any suppliers in NZ. Noltec, Urethane and Nolathane don't make them anymore so was looking at the ireland engineering option below

https://secure15.nexternal.com/shared/Store...=products%2Easp

Would i be better off just using the 22mm?? swaybar that is in the 325 and just use new bushes etc or would there be a drastic difference (for the better) if i bought that ireland engineering one?

Also, I did the lower control arm bushes in Nolathane yesterday, big improvement on the standard bushes. I'd reccommend this upgrade to anyone that cares about their E30's suspension.

One more thing, does anyone know of an engineer or turner that could make me some hubcentric bolt on spacers?

Edited by sakdbma

Guest Spargo

I don't like big sways on road cars, purely because it hides other suspension inadequecies that your setup might have. Running the IE bars (25/22 hollow) is kinda rediculous. I think the best compromise that isn't stock BMW stuff would be the suspension techniques, and were I ever to upgrade, that's what i'd use.

I'd just run the 325i bars with adj hardware... and besides, you've got all that unsprung weight to content with too :D

Agreed on the urethane mounts, they're so perfect they should have been factory.

HAHA but the amount of spring travel is!! (which is sweet f all) Thanks for the info sam, more about suspension techniques? You mean the I.E adjustable hardware on the standard 325i sways?

SAS in chch do a bolt in sway bar with the bigger bushs ive got one front and rear and with my really firm suspension its a bit of a slapper gets some good understeer in wet cause of my welded diff but over steer is really good. where you get nolathane bushs?