Sign in to follow this  
E30stz

BMW Driver Training

So, yesterday I participated in the BMW Driver Training day at pukekohe and boy... was it awesome.

Was a great day and I'd recommend it to anyone. Nothing like thrashing someone elses car on the race track :D.Plan to do the level 2 advanced driver training in the future. Well worth it.

Learnt some valuable things and had a hell of a good time in the process. Its not everyday you get given a brand new car to take out on the track and perform manouvers etc.

Highlight of the day was easily riding shotgun during the M5 hotlaps which were amazing. 242 km/h on the backstraight was a real rush :), was told the fastest 4 door car in the world.

Mike Eady and his boys put on a great day, thoroughly enjoyed.

Great Bday prez ever - up there with the best :).

Below is a few photos I took :).

Heres a pic of my stallion.

Posted Image

Lining up in hte pits after a few laps of puke

Posted Image

Stalking the M5

Posted Image

Braking excercises

Posted Image

Cones :)

Posted Image

And one for you top gear and motorsport buffs - on the left is Sabine signature .. Sabine is a female racing legend .. managed to beat Jeremy Clarkson (in a Jaguar) whilst driving a ford transit around Nürburgring. and the other signature is Hans Stück, motorracing legend :). Most of you will know him from his M3 GTR around Nürburgring video which is utterly insane.

Posted Image

cheers

Andy

p.s 1600 x 1200 res makes those pics look small.. will resize them again for all those living in teh dark age of resolutions.

Edited by E30stz

Badass.

n00b question...is that yours to keep (thing with sigs) or was it on the wall somewhere lol.

Damn, thanks for the pics Andy, I want to attend one now, LOL. Looks great! What model E90 were you driving?

Badass.

n00b question...is that yours to keep (thing with sigs) or was it on the wall somewhere lol.

I think it was on the wall and Andy just took a pic.