Sign in to follow this  
efirty

e30 electrical questions

Hi guys,

Today driving to work i noticed that my speedometer, odometer and headdeck arent working.Last night we were wiring up my new headdeck and one of the fuses went (from memory i think it was fuse 23).

Is it likely that another fuse has gone or am I in some serious electrical trouble?? If its a fuse which one would it be?? Number 10?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Its a e30 87' 318i

Cheers, Josh

Cheers, i cant view without being signed in, so ill wait until they process my membership

Will be another fuse - can't remember which -check all of them

yup its a fuse, ive had the same, but from memory they are different circuits, speedo and odo are on one, (bigger fuse) and headunit, interior lights are on another, (7.5Amp fuse)

Also its not hard to work out why it blew after you did a headunit, so just go though and look at all your fuses, if it blows again, check your glove box light, the wires to the bulb short very easily!!!! wrap them up and tape and go without it , its a pain in the ass.

Cheers

my odometer just stopped today, any batteries or fuses that are isolated to this? everything else is working fine.

ummm i beleive there is a fuse, but im not fully sure what else (if anything ) is on the same circuit, im pretty sure the speedo is, so maybe your prob is somewhere else,

no odo is a win anyway for when you sell it hah

ummm i beleive there is a fuse, but im not fully sure what else (if anything ) is on the same circuit, im pretty sure the speedo is, so maybe your prob is somewhere else,

no odo is a win anyway for when you sell it hah

Makes it hard to plan servicing of the car tho :blink: