Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

e30 M3 in Christchurch

Anyone know of any right hand drive M3's in Christchurch ?

I have a friend of a friend who says he has one....I thought all e30 M3's were LHD.

Dont know any more details, he is going to send me some pictures over the weekend.

Im know of 2 i think silver and red, Both converted with 325i steering racks no doubt

Is that a good thing or a bad thing ?

Probably a better thing than converting it with a 316 Rack or leaving it LHD.. and cheaper than custom fabricating a replica M3 rack mirrored for RHD.

No to bad a thing, its just a slower steering rack than the m3 item. There is always the e36upgrade

I own a M3 (RHD conversion) in CHC. Custom steering racks being made in AKL for the fast rack conversion - but haven't been bothered to purchase and install yet. There is another white RHD M3 and a 325 replica red one.

Well after some investigation it turns out that its a 325 with a kit....chinese whispers at work again :(

The red one?

I own a M3 (RHD conversion) in CHC. Custom steering racks being made in AKL for the fast rack conversion - but haven't been bothered to purchase and install yet. There is another white RHD M3 and a 325 replica red one.

Nice! The quick rack makes quite an improvment from what ive heard

Nah I think its grey....he is going to send me some photos tonight. He's looking to sell soon so I thought someone on here might be interested. Ill post something up when I get all the details.

All i know at the moment is that its an 89 coupe thats getting new wheels and interior and has a kit of some sort on it (possibly mtech2)

Guest Spargo

Its a bad thing - The M3's came weight a weight under the rh side of the car to balance the weight of the driver, and the 325i rack is slower than a bus's one.

Birds of UK did a few conversions Martyyn, and they used 325i brakes for some reason? Reason is unknown, but thats what they did, for some reason.

So if u had the choice would u keep the e30 left hand hook. I ve got one it is rego as it is an 86. but i was goign to convert it as it feels unnatural driving from the wrong side of the car. I priced it up it will cost about $9000max. As the dash can come out any e30. The steering rack can be modified from z3. Pedals etc are quite easy to swap over. But i have nearly decided to keep it left hook and spend $9000 to repaint. Does anyone on here know where i can get some spark plugs for the s14 engine other than the states?

Guest Spargo

How will the steering column affect the headers?

I'd say you can make an RHD M3 just as good as an LHD one.

Oh yea, the motor is slanted to the right too (LH driver)

So if u had the choice would u keep the e30 left hand hook. I ve got one it is rego as it is an 86. but i was goign to convert it as it feels unnatural driving from the wrong side of the car. I priced it up it will cost about $9000max. As the dash can come out any e30. The steering rack can be modified from z3. Pedals etc are quite easy to swap over. But i have nearly decided to keep it left hook and spend $9000 to repaint. Does anyone on here know where i can get some spark plugs for the s14 engine other than the states?

Easy - wear leather shorts, use the handy hints I posted 'for the Bavarian in you', eat BratWurst & celebrate Oktoberfest.

Once you've done that it wont feel strange at all....hehehehe