Sign in to follow this  
blk320i

moving to methven area

in either march or april next year myself and a mate are looking at moving to methven. hes enrolled in a skydiving corse and i am going to cruise down and be a snowboarding bum and hopefully work on mt hutt. anyone know the area well and can recomend were to look for accomodation? what towns are close? im in auckland and my mate is in wellington at the moment so physically checking stuff out is kinda hard. thanks

chch is an hour away and ashburton which has everything you need is like 30 mins away so its not too bad, there is a pretty ok pub (the blue pub) the brown pub is like the locals pub haha, but id just look for a flat?? you there for the whole season?

You would want to get in early for the flat as they tend to go very quick near the start of the season.

Its pretty much in the middle of no where lol, not a bad wee town tho. Most stuff is there

They they have a few good shin digs every now and again. Methven big air and my favorite the Methven rodeo yeee haw!

definatley be there for the start of the season and will probably stay for a yaer or two. any real estate places down there advertise flats for rent? any websites that advertise flats for rent?