Sign in to follow this  
Katalyst

carbonic fibre goodies!!!

would nebody be keen in some CF tube or plate or.... need to make some cash for new toys and hve sme time coming up to beable to offer pretty good prices B)

plate, say like a peice of ali sheet for example (ie flat) but made from CF with woteva fibre orientation and thickness to suit purposepost-1524-1167983098_thumb.jpg

How much for half a square metre of 1mm fibre?

whoa! wasnt quite prepared enuf for tht, il sit down and work out some prices and post them up early in the week

How thick can you get it? I might be keen for about half a square metre of around 2.5-3mm thick

Right now I'm keen for 1m square of 1mm thickness. And prob want some thicker stuff at a later yet soonish date.

Whats it like for heat resistance ?

How thick can you get it? I might be keen for about half a square metre of around 2.5-3mm thick

thickness isnt an issue, will make it to suit

Right now I'm keen for 1m square of 1mm thickness. And prob want some thicker stuff at a later yet soonish date.

Whats it like for heat resistance ?

not 100% exactly sure but think the resin is only good for about 120-150 Degrees C, but the carbon is upwards of 3000 Degrees C,

u can get high temp resin systems but there prety pricey, but i will have a look into them aswel

thickness isnt an issue, will make it to suit

not 100% exactly sure but think the resin is only good for about 120-150 Degrees C, but the carbon is upwards of 3000 Degrees C,

u can get high temp resin systems but there prety pricey, but i will have a look into them aswel

Was wanting one for a lid for a cold air box, or to make a complete cold air box with it. Should be right.

Hard out keen on the 1mm shiz

yeah well i think it should be ok, im in the process of making a new intake , and have used carbon for the AFM and pod adaptors, and was thinkin bout makin a cold air box outa carbon, but bit scared too!!!

dont know if you heard bout the wrx(show car) that had carbon intakes, granted they were very close to the engine, but they caught on fire and his whole car was gone in half an hour!!!!

seen plenty of ppl who used it and it seems to be fine, but with my kinda luck - not keen to test fate, and also dont wana garentee nething just incase, if u know wot i mean

I'd be keen on some for an airbox for my car (admitedly not a bmw). Any idea how much it would be for half a metre or so? Maybe up to a metre...