Sign in to follow this  
grantm

leak in boot of 318Ti

I have a 318 Ti and on the RHS of the boot floor, there is a plastic housing., which has two compartments - the compartment part that is closest to the outside of the car RHS rear, seems to collect water when it rains but the boot lining or carpet is not wet.

I did a check today with a hose - pulled back the boot lining, ran the hose for 2-3 mins on th rear of the car -liftback closed- and ahaa a drip appears on the metal frame work directly above the plastic houing, and drops into it . So far so good - but there is oddly enough a squarish cutaway in the boot lining, right where this drip drops through when the lining is put back ...can anyone tell me just what is meant to be in the cutout (its looks factory ) and has anyone had a similar water problem - and knows just where this water is getting in - there are no holes in the bodywork and its in very good condition. where could the leak be coming from ?

Thanks.

Edited by grantm