Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

Car Insurance

Ive just received my renewal from State for the 740i and as a check I did one of their online quotes and it came in 20% LESS than my renewal !

So can I have some simple answers to decide where to take my business please. Ive done a search and read that most people dislike State so Im keen to move elsewhere.

Car, Mods(y/n), Insurer, Happy(y/n), Premium(if your happy to give details)

740, no, state, no, 455

All are welcome but Id especially like to hear from the errrr 'older' bimmersport community (as Im 35, with a clean licence and a carport to park them in) so I can get a relative idea :)

Guest Spargo

AMI are the win.

325iS, yes, ami, yes, 1400 agreed value full coverage including contents. I imagine if you weren't 22 like my good self, that premium would be much lower.

Um i Quailify as older member,.....

I dont use state since having LARGE debate with them over values.

For the three older cars, 2 daimlers and 323i race car, i use Mark Joblin in Hamilton. Last renewal was for 780.00 for 3 cars, Quite low excess on damage Limited mileage, but that can be sorted with them as they prefer to deal with classic and "differant" cars as they tend to be looked after.

The newer car, e46 328i is covered by BNZ finance allong with the houses and contents, About 450.00 per year, no limits, 750.00 excess, agreed value on all cars.

Hope this helps, call me Martyyn if you want more info.

I qualify too.

AMI with every thing - house, contents, 2 cars, been with them forever. Happy? not really!

Questioned them 2 years ago when I went to insure my 99 E39 for $32K - they wanted $520, I spewed & said they were charging for a label & considering I am in the trade & know the cost of BMW parts v Japanese - generally BMW comparabally cheaper - particually panels, so explanation to me of them being costlier to fix is bullshit. They even put my old E12 up to $370 & would not recognise a cheaper classic car cover for it.

We are also on maxmum discount having never had a claim either.

Tried around at the time with opposition - Tower not in the hunt, AA were considerably cheaper on cars ( & would recognise classic low milage cover for the E12)

They were miles out in the house & contents though so really it all evened out overall.

Checked with them again this round & their car prices had gone up to the same as AMI (E39 anyway)

So, in summary - they are all a bunch of rogues after your last dollar

I definitely qualify as well.

E39, no mods, State, happy as still the cheapest, $433/yr.

Looked at AA last year, still more expensive (considerably) compared to State on all policies.

At the moment with State for all the cars, houses and content. Gonna go down to its downtown office and ask on why I can't get any discount for insuring my investment properties. Those thieving b*****!

Well I think my insurance is cheapest so far ...

AMI - All vehicles, house etc (am just over 40yo) Never had an issue with them.

Should be noted that AMI is owned by the policy holders so as a group it is not supposed to make a profit or a loss. For this reason, the premiums move up or down based on the previous year. All the other companies, I think, have to make a profit for the shareholders so their premiums should always be higher than AMI in a purest market. It is a primary reason why I have insured with AMI.

99 E39 540 (Excess $250) - Premium $273

01 320 (Excess $250) - Premium $374

03 Z4 (Excess $250) - Premium $449

It is interesting that the 540, a V8. is cheapest !!!

Well I think my insurance is cheapest so far ...

AMI - All vehicles, house etc (am just over 40yo) Never had an issue with them.

Should be noted that AMI is owned by the policy holders so as a group it is not supposed to make a profit or a loss. For this reason, the premiums move up or down based on the previous year. All the other companies, I think, have to make a profit for the shareholders so their premiums should always be higher than AMI in a purest market. It is a primary reason why I have insured with AMI.

99 E39 540 (Excess $250) - Premium $273

01 320 (Excess $250) - Premium $374

03 Z4 (Excess $250) - Premium $449

It is interesting that the 540, a V8. is cheapest !!!

Hi Martynn, My guess is that you are under the wrong rating on your actual policy as opose to your quote online

I too am with AMI and have had a great ride with them. My wife wrote off her car (2 yr old Ford) and the wof was a month out of date - giving them an out if they wanted it, but they paid up in full without any hassle.

I have no idea how much I pay per year and don't particularly care - its just money and I make that stuff every day. However I feel happy at AMI and that's what matters to me.

AMI Is awesome.

I'm 15, On my learners, carport, female, Dunedin and its $668 P.A. thats full cover.

Going down to $450 next year if i havent claimed

Then $400 the next!

Edited by BMW POWER

AMI Is awesome.

I'm 15, On my learners, carport, female, Dunedin and its $668 P.A. thats full cover.

Going down to $450 next year if i havent claimed

Then $400 the next!

Ok thats a bloody good deal! im getting nailed ! imagine what its going to be like with the V8 and

the loss of licence lol

Since I got my E34 when I was 16 and my Benz at 17 no one would give me insurance so they are in my mums name... she is 49 so i suppose theres some relevance...

Both are insured thru the ASB bank where she has her mortgage with house and contents insurance.

525 - $420 PA, $300 excess

560SEC - $365 PA, $300 excess

No mods, have been listed down as parked on the street but with an alarm.

We're with the AA for the 540 $22k agreed value, $700 premium, $250 excess.

I think it's in Deb's name as primary driver, so a 32yo in Auckland.

Only company that wants to insure me is TIS, on a learners is costing me $1416.70 for 12 months (full cover).

LOL

your wheels and lowering would count as a mod Martyn...I use Vero,their service is fanatastic,after an incident on boxing day the car was picked up the next day and all fixed by early new years and i hadnt even filled out any forms!!!!!

AMI - Im 20 and mine is $800 for full insuance after 3 years of no claims, crashes (touch wood!!) etc. atm im paying something silly like 17 bucks a month for 3rd party simply as it didnt used to get driven much (e30 320i , lowered , mags , cert though and 5 speed conversion ) and the place made me take the car in and show the manager etc when i was about 18 after i got it.

So its quite cheap!! AMI FTW