Sign in to follow this  
E30stz

STOLEN: White 88 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 RS

Hi guys,

My friends car was just stolen within the last 2 hours (aroudn 12:30-1pm) from outside his house in Hamilton

White 1988 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 RS edition

4 door sedan

Number plate: TL 2661

One of only 500 ever made and was told one of only 4 that they know of in NZ. So a very rare sortafter car.

This car is in stock unmodified condition, the only distinguishing feature we can think about right now is that it has the black lourves over the rear window, most of these cars have had these come off at sometime erather.

Am trying to organise pictures, will see what I can do.

If you see the car, have any information or know of its whereabouts please give Garry a call on 021 476 389

Edited by E30stz

Good luck with this, One of my friends who used to live in Tokoroa had a special edition VR-4 Evolution RS that was stolen and recovered (Guessing its one of the other 4, He'd said He knew of another 2 in NZ)

Nice cars.

Sorry to hear that. I've owned 3 88 shape VR-4's, there a damn good car.

I hope he gets it back without it being stripped or burnt out.

Theres alot more than 4 in NZ for the record.

Good luck

I know that Ben's was one of around 4-6 in NZ and He thought one had just been written off, lighter and more powerful than the normal VR4 from what I know, had recaro's from factory and almost no electrics, no sunroof, tighter ratio gearbox is all I know, they have some engine differences to the normal VR4 but I'm not sure on them so I won't talk about something I don't know..

Ben's had about 20k spent on it too, was fairly quick.

i was driving from chartwell to glenview around that time, cant say i saw it but will keep my eyes peeled <_<

There are at least a good 25-30 that I have seen 87,88,89 RS VR-4's in the country.

The rare ones are the 91,92 VR-4 RS as these are the EVO 0 RS.

They feature the better engine(diff manifold, injectors, turbo, intercooler all bigger, diff computer),

better gearbox, bonnet vents, 4 Bolt rear end with LSD.. these are the rare ones. Very fast! Easy

350Hp cars with little work.

The rare ones are the 91,92 VR-4 RS as these are the EVO 0 RS.

They feature the better engine(diff manifold, injectors, turbo, intercooler all bigger, diff computer),

better gearbox, bonnet vents, 4 Bolt rear end with LSD.. these are the rare ones. Very fast! Easy

350Hp cars with little work.

That sounds like Ben's car to me.. Last I heard He was making somewhere close to 500hp atw and running a low 11 1/4 but He kept breaking drivetrain components.