Sign in to follow this  
dickhead

any1 watching the cricket?

i went to south islands in primary school lol.

nah didnt go to nationals. have been captain of the socials for 5 years lol. i was never put in the higher teams cuase i never took it serious enough (bbq's, beaters, and l&p styled stubies arn't really my old schools way of cricket. and being captain i sorted got the brunt of it lol). but im looking to be a little more serious this year, uni is social enough.

yeah some numbers would be good. needs to be reasonably close to uni as i want have car to start with.

o o o didnt i say something bout flem :P

Edited by antony

not kat here nemore

started this up for the missus but she lost interest and i gained hence the sorta name change - she wanted to keep her name in it???

so....no i guess wld be the answer to tht

i went to kelston, bout 8-9 years ago

Should be a good game tonite - definitely screening calls from the missus.

haha yeah i thought we were sweet til vincent went out then fleming started f**king around not helped by that idiot fulton who thought hes playing in a bloody test match! fleming needs to go out.

Are you a comedian in your spare time??

Just because the Aussies "fixed" their last result against England, it doesn't mean that they will do the same against us. They want England to make the final rather than NZ.

However I'm fairly confident that we will dispose of England tomorrow, and make the finals.

Then at least the Aussies will be somewhat challenged, and will have to put in some work to win.

Of course we mustn't mention "match fixing", aye Hanse.

That's what I think anyway, who knows I may be wrong...

Cheers

Grant

oh come on man the "comedian" comment was a bit much! 290 was a bloody good score and the aussies werent doin a hell of a lot at the start

I don't think you can blame one person. Our fielding in the past few games has been very average, to be kind. Any time a team consistently fumbles catches, they're on a hiding and that's us.

Until we can improve that aspect, we're bound for the bottom of the heap, imo.

I don't think you can blame one person. Our fielding in the past few games has been very average, to be kind. Any time a team consistently fumbles catches, they're on a hiding and that's us.

Until we can improve that aspect, we're bound for the bottom of the heap, imo.

I agree. Again, there were too many mistakes in the field, and 2 badly dropped catches. However fielding can be easily worked on and rectified.

Whilst Fleming's scoring rate was too slow, he at least made the runs. His S/R was still around 70, which isn't great, but it isn't that bad either.

Over the summer (the Sri Lankan tour, and the Commonwealth Bank series) the Black Caps have slowly improved, and seem to be a better balanced side now. We are no where good enough to win the World Cup, but stand a better chance than we did 3 months ago.

Also, I thought England actually played fairly well last night, and were deserved winners. For once their middle order didn't collapse, and they accelerated the scoring well at the end of their innings.

Thank god, it is rugby season again!!

Cheers

Grant

Edited by Grant

I don't think you can blame one person.

Word.

I blame that cracka Fulton also, got 12 off 30 balls or something......everyone else apart from him an FLeming had a decent strike rate

Those 18 balls he blocked could've been useful at the end....

Hey Guys,

I am by no stretch of anyone's imagination a cricket player, but the B.C.'s have three fundamental flaws that keep cropping up.

The first is a total lack of commitment in the field, this is not intrinsically hard to resolve in relation to other skills that take match time to build, the number of dropped catches, misfields, and frankly appalling accuracy with throwing not only to the keeper but within the field its self is something that should not happen in an international side, remember these men are being paid to play at this level

The second is the seeming lack of stamina, if you look at the last ten overs of any innings, they fall apart, conditioning training will help in this area, as will heat conditioning, as I know it has been hellishly hot in Aussie.

The third and biggest area of concern, as it is probably the hardest to overcome is the mental fortitude of the team, there is a lack of belief in their own abilities and the mind set to win, it is often written all over the face of the skipper, and this is all the more dangerous for the rest of the team.

These guys have the skill and the ability to be at the top along side Aussie, they however need to find the attitude, stamina and belief to be there, there is no excuse for the current lack of form, even if it is an improvement from the same time 2-3 months ago.

They are professionals, they are deemed to be the best this country has, this is there occupation and what they live and hopefully love to do, so it is time they started playing with heart & soul, or they will remain a second rate team playing at an inferior level.

Right off soap box now,

Cheers for the rant

Grant

Guest Spargo

Billy Ray Styris' inclusion must has been some kind of sick joke.

Anyone blaming fleming is an idiot - he scored a hundred ffs, and you're saying he should go?!?! There are 10 other people in a cricket team - didn't see fleming help them get caught or bowled?

We'll win at eden park on the 18th, i'm prepared to put money on it.

My world cup squad:

1. SP Fleming (captain)

2. SE Bond

3. JEC Franklin

4. PG Fulton

5. MR Gillespie

6. BB McCullum (wicketkeeper)

7. CD McMillan

8. HJH Marshall

9. MJ Mason

10. JDP Oram

11. JS Patel

12. SB Styris

13. RL Taylor

14. DL Vettori

15. L Vincent

Admittedly its the same as the players that played in australia - but its the best mix of power hitters / innings savers / quicks / spinners.

We have such long batting card, we have 2 of the worlds better spinners, some of the best medium pacers, and we have unpredictibility. That is a team thats going to the semi finals at least.

I blame that cracka Fulton also, got 12 off 30 balls or something......everyone else apart from him an FLeming had a decent strike rate

Those 18 balls he blocked could've been useful at the end....

yeah bro i agree

stayed up last night to watch, and it showed this morning when i was late for work :( .

you can't blame players themselves, you've got to look at key areas where the game broke down. which is a combined effort between the batters at the crease and the bowling side. you can blame batters all you want, but some times its just good bowling and great captaincy (which is why fleming has to stay).

some key moments were a tail ender (plunket) hitting 15? of bonds last over, 255 wouldve been a much more achieveable target.

and the wickets of vincent and taylor. that is when the momentum of the game slowed. after that there was no 'designated hitter'. fleming shouldve seen this and taken it on himself. but as he continued on as an anchor there was to much f**kn around, which is when wickets come, and come they did.

i think vaughan made a huge difference to england, and took a huge load off flintoff which showed in his bowling.

new zealand will go like the england off late with out fleming, no strong leadership and expirence.

now theres my over analysation of the simple gentlemans game

antony