Sign in to follow this  
eko

Couple of pics of my M50(UK car)!!!

i'm particularly interested in your smoked headlights. i sort of get what you mean, but i want to do it once and do it right a.

do you reckon you could do a right up, or ellaborate.

Im pretty sure Ive seen a write up on www.e30zone.net I thought I had a direct link but I cant find it now. Register on there and do a search you should be able to find it.

In fact Dont tell me I dont do nice things !

Edited by martyyn

Im pretty sure Ive seen a write up on www.e30zone.net I thought I had a direct link but I cant find it now. Register on there and do a search you should be able to find it.

In fact Dont tell me I dont do nice things !

cheers, just what ive been looking for.

E: you could really do that in any colour. lol.

Edited by antony

Well worth the effort needed to smoke the lights,looks good on most colour E30`s!

Just take your time though when removing the lenses,have patience and they will come off intact,rush it and youll regret it.

Absolutely beautiful. I've seen alot of the UK E30's with those Alpinas + Tech2 kits and it really does suit them.

BTW - Is that steering wheel a E36 non air bag one? I'm thinking about doing that myself, is there anything that you have to do to the steering wheel to make it fit?

aw yea 17" alpinas ftw (sorta like hens teeth over here)

17's are replicas dont forget so I doubt there would be any in NZ unless someone brought them in themselves.

Absolutely beautiful. I've seen alot of the UK E30's with those Alpinas + Tech2 kits and it really does suit them.

BTW - Is that steering wheel a E36 non air bag one? I'm thinking about doing that myself, is there anything that you have to do to the steering wheel to make it fit?

Thanks for the compliment mate,glad you like it!

As said,the wheels are so called replicas which to be honest,when viewed next to a genuine Alpina wheel they are totally different.

This particular make in the UK is not actually rated that highly,BK wheels model 171.

Apparently not very strong,have been known to crack/buckle under not so extreme pressure.

Also many say that the ride of an E30 is compromised when running on 17`s although i dont actually think its too bad.

Steering wheel isnt E36,they just wont fit an E30 steering shaft.

It is a Blackline and made by Nardi.

Always seem to be a few on www.Ebay.de although i dont know how you would get around postage to you?

As said,the wheels are so called replicas which to be honest,when viewed next to a genuine Alpina wheel they are totally different.

This particular make in the UK is not actually rated that highly,BK wheels model 171.

Apparently not very strong,have been known to crack/buckle under not so extreme pressure.

Also many say that the ride of an E30 is compromised when running on 17`s although i dont actually think its too bad.

Quality issues aside they are a great looking rim. Yes very different to the original Alpina of that era, but very similar to the 'softline' Alpinas that sell now.

The BK171's are very soft and from what I remember not that light...is that true ? They would be fine on the UK roads (apart from running over a pothole) but over here I wouldnt give them a week !

Havent tried an e30 on 17's but it feels great on my 16's. much better than the 14' bottlecaps it was originally on....just need to sort out some shocks now :D

Yes they are heavy,certainly compared to BBS etc!

16`s are definately the best compromise in my opinion though.

I was running 16" Hartges for about 2 years on 3 different E30`s,excellent ride on each one!