Sign in to follow this  
AYB280

Petrol Leaking!!!

I went to start my E36 318i, as you do, and after a minute or so I could smell petrol. I decided to take a look under the car, and to my horror there was petrol dribbling out from somewhere in the motor and puddling on the ground. Fearing the worst I looked for some obvious damage, but could only find a split pipe that connects from the air intake hose thing to what looks to be an electric motor/pump which then has another pipe that disapears into the motor. I removed it but it was completely dry and didnt smell like petrol.

About three hours after this incident I decided to see if I could tell where the petrol was coming from while it was running. I then sat and waited while it idled for 25 minutes and not a drop of petrol leaked the whole time. What the hell is going on????? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

probably best to get a tow truck or mobile mechanic and take it down to the mechanics best to wait till you can diagnose the leak. Dont want to risk sparking it up whilst driving and scorching the focker unless you're planning to buy a honda.

Too many people have scorched there cars from faulty fuel lines of late. Theres a few on trademe forsale, damaged cars.

Edited by E30stz