Sign in to follow this  
antony

Wild Foods, 10th of march.

less than a month away, 10th of march.

anyone going, ill be there and it would be good to meet a few of ya's

for those who don't no what it is click here

but if you cant be bothered; its basically a whole lot of stalls in a park in hokitika selling huhu grubs, sheeps balls and the like. tickets limited to 17,000 and is sold out every year. there is a 'rather large' street party afterwards. has tamed a lil' but still a real good night a.

It is a fu#ken awesome weekend! one of the best of the year for me. ill be there mate

sweet, its year number 8 for me lol.

its well worth the trip if your from the north.

drifty, did you come over for the kumara races.

Edited by antony

Its my 5th, i went to the very first 1 when i was a baby lol. deff worth it

I was born in Hokitika and lived there till i was about 8 and went every year plus a few after. been to about 12 or 13 all together and it is DEFINITLY worth it if your can get there, you will have to get your ticket NOW though if they havent sold out already

basically you spend the day looking at the stalls and visiting the beer tent all day, sit around on the grass in the sun getting drunk, listening to the various bands and eating the wierdest sh*t youve ever eaten and then at night they close down the whole town and you walk down the road getting wasted, there will be a few outdoor bands and stuff, and then go on the beach where everyone lights fires and gets mothered and stoned.

Used to be just a little stall thing but its getting pretty big now which also means that yes it has tamed down a bit because of laws/restrictions being enforced but will be an awesome day. I highly recommend it.

I would love to go but cant afford the trip down and the time off work but otherwise id be there getting wasted right alongside those of you who decide to go. B)

Last time (while munted) i got up onto the stage in the main tent when the band were playing, And had a dance battle with 4other people lol i won it was awesome

I was born in Hokitika and lived there till i was about 8 and went every year plus a few after. been to about 12 or 13 all together and it is DEFINITLY worth it if your can get there, you will have to get your ticket NOW though if they havent sold out already

basically you spend the day looking at the stalls and visiting the beer tent all day, sit around on the grass in the sun getting drunk, listening to the various bands and eating the wierdest sh*t youve ever eaten and then at night they close down the whole town and you walk down the road getting wasted, there will be a few outdoor bands and stuff, and then go on the beach where everyone lights fires and gets mothered and stoned.

Used to be just a little stall thing but its getting pretty big now which also means that yes it has tamed down a bit because of laws/restrictions being enforced but will be an awesome day. I highly recommend it.

I would love to go but cant afford the trip down and the time off work but otherwise id be there getting wasted right alongside those of you who decide to go. B)

thats what i meant lol. guess i'm just to used to it now, as every day on the coast is like that. :P