Sign in to follow this  
kiwipetrolhead

635 Targa

You could have photoshopped Peter out couldn't you?

Nice car Gerry's. Actually very hard not to say that about any of Peter or Gerry's cars.

You could have photoshopped Peter out couldn't you?

Nice car Gerry's. Actually very hard not to say that about any of Peter or Gerry's cars.

At least he's in the shadows! :unsure:

Hey, if I recall correctly, the fan put a cut on the top radiator hose on this car when they did the Targa stint around Manfeild. Afterwards, the guy came into my mate's muffler shop in Feilding to get a bit of pipe to join the two halves back together again. I was there helping out, since it was me who advertised my mate's muffler shop to the Targa lot - free use of hoists, etc..., and I helped this guy out finding a suitable piece of pipe and things. I was at Manfeild watching the cars too, and saw the steam coming out as he drove back into pit lane. Quite a few other drivers took advantage of the offer to use the shop too!

P

Is that mikes shop?

Correct - Mike Walker. Do you know him well?

Nice 5. An ee? My wife's parents have a 525ee.

P

Edited by kiwipetrolhead

Hey Guys,

The only claim to fame I have in relation to that magnificent beast is that Gerry currently has the front strut brace out of my 635 resto nestled in the front of the car at present.

Both he & Peter have beautiful cars, I have never seen any of their cars looking anything put pristine...

Hope to run my second 635 in the targa in two years time once the conversion is done & sorted, putting a 4.4 in it provided I can find one at reasonable money.

If I can keep up with Gerry, I'll be a happy man...

Hey Guys,

The only claim to fame I have in relation to that magnificent beast is that Gerry currently has the front strut brace out of my 635 resto nestled in the front of the car at present.

Both he & Peter have beautiful cars, I have never seen any of their cars looking anything put pristine...

Hope to run my second 635 in the targa in two years time once the conversion is done & sorted, putting a 4.4 in it provided I can find one at reasonable money.

If I can keep up with Gerry, I'll be a happy man...

I think I have some more pics of it tucked away somehere on my PC. Can post here if you wanna see more. And yip, it's certainly one of the nicest examples I've seen - pristine for sure. I have the big original files too - since I took them - so I can do some nice photo prints if anyone wants some.

P