Sign in to follow this  
p1_m3

E36 M3 - Aftermarket Exhausts

Thinking of changing my stock one - but have no idea what these cost and where's good?

autopassion sells them, or you could order one from overseas like "supersprint" but it will set you back a pretty penny, best idea might be to go with a custom one from als mufflers or the like?

I know someone who might be interested Doug.

$4-5k for a complete system, I'm sure.

Call me and I'll see if he wants to.

Conrod may recommend the Swissy, I'm talking about. If he's got another suggestion, then I'd look at that too.

I know someone who might be interested Doug.

$4-5k for a complete system, I'm sure.

Call me and I'll see if he wants to.

Conrod may recommend the Swissy, I'm talking about. If he's got another suggestion, then I'd look at that too.

Whats all that mean then? :wacko:

autopassion sells them, or you could order one from overseas like "supersprint" but it will set you back a pretty penny, best idea might be to go with a custom one from als mufflers or the like?

Thanks will try them. Als Mufflers? How does that work then - walk in and say can you make one for my car?

Thanks will try them. Als Mufflers? How does that work then - walk in and say can you make one for my car?

yea and then u discuss size... duel or single etc

have a look on understeer for different types of exhaust, you can listen to sounds clips etc aswell

As the M3 exhaust is already a pretty good base system (and has an excellent team of designers behind it), I'd be looking for someone who knew something about fluid dynamics.

No disrespect to Al (as I've never met him), but an F1 engine man gets my vote ahead of him.

You get what you pay for.

An M3 is already a dual system all the way to the rear muffler, I believe. So why would you discuss a single option?

As the M3 exhaust is already a pretty good base system (and has an excellent team of designers behind it), I'd be looking for someone who knew something about fluid dynamics.

No disrespect to Al (as I've never met him), but an F1 engine man gets my vote ahead of him.

You get what you pay for.

An M3 is already a dual system all the way to the rear muffler, I believe. So why would you discuss a single option?

thats very true, but surely the engineers would have still had to put in components to make it quieter for street use? and removing these usualy frees up the power and flow dosent it?

Guest Spargo

Well Cain, the headers might be hydroformed equal length primaries, but did you know that the M3 exhaust is crushed at several places around the suspension thus giving a diameter less than 2" overall? I hardly see how that is a "good base to start with"

The factory 2.5" system is flawed - even a twin 2" system that is mandrel bent flows better than it.

P1_m3 - I would be interested in the headers and mid section if you do it , possibly even the rear

hey you already have them! let some one else have a turn <_<

hey you already have them! let some one else have a turn <_<

Not sure what they are worth - been quoted $1500 for Milltek exhaust - phew!

Assuming Al will be cheaper :-)

Even worse Mobbin, I want to put them on my 528!! but if the motor blows first I reckon an S52 is the go

265 kW 5 speed manual E39 with Rack & pinion steering and mOtorsport suspension has to be better than a 540

hmmmmm ill fight you for it.........or mayb a deal on a certain x-brace could change your mind?

correct me if im wrong, but isnt an s52 a US only version...and it only put down 240HP at the fly?

will have to get a quote from Als Mufflers

Typo, meant S50

If you do the M3 headers on your 328 you need to do all the rest as well

yup thats the plan, so P1-M3 if your gona get a new exhaust ill buy the old one :rolleyes: