Sign in to follow this  
steve R

how to remove jap number plate holder

right, this is doing my head in.... how do i get rid of the ugly jap number plate holder? the screws WILL NOT BUDGE, im not really keen on using a hack saw either

any one got any ideas?

crc? then like try harder with the screw? then hack it up so you dont see the bit under the plate. easiest fix would be buy some german plates though and itl look so much cooler

www.germanplates.com

$120

Mine was bolted through the metal of the car with metal grommets, or whatever they are called.

In the end I used a drill bit slightly smaller that the grommet and drilled it out slowly until the front fell off and I could pull the back through the plate.

Mine was bolted through the metal of the car with metal grommets, or whatever they are called.

In the end I used a drill bit slightly smaller that the grommet and drilled it out slowly until the front fell off and I could pull the back through the plate.

One of mine were real tight last time, had to push the screwdriver onto it and turn really hard, eventually it budged. I think it's just a matter of torque.