Sign in to follow this  
Yuen

Camber adjustment on E36

Hey all,

I'd just like to confirm that the rear camber on E36s is adjustable, although the front isn't? My rear tyres have worn out on the inside and it's time to get new tyres. This happened after lowering the car on OE Motorsport springs on Bilstein shocks. If so, I should get the alignment shop to adjust it for more positive camber, correct?

Btw - does anyone know if 94 Motorsport springs can be fitted to a 91/8 E36 or not, as that's what my setup is now, and occasionally I read something along the lines that they do not work together, but I've been running it for a year. Just wondering if it's optimal.

Cheers Ron, It's a bit odd though, when I lowered the car, the rear had no visible difference in ride height (just like stock), but the front dropped quite a bit but the drop was still less than what it was on Dnz's coupe (I got the springs off him). If that's the case then how would I explain the negative camber that appeared in the rear after lowering? The front shows no signs of uneven tire wear. Could the front being dropped somehow cause extra negative camber in the rear? Or perhaps the springs aren't the right ones for the rear? The car is on sports springs so I really have no idea why it would cause excessive camber.

Just remembered I got the data sheet from the last alignment:

Rear Axle

Camber

Left: -2°45'

Right: -1°44'

Toe

Left: +2,4mm

Right: +2,7mm

After adjustment:

Camber

Left: -2°29'

Right: -1°55'