Sign in to follow this  
arcon

dash indicator lights for E46

there's a yellow warning light in the dash on my 320i (2001), but i'm not sure what it means as it doesn't really look like anything... does anybody have a link to pics with descriptions of the dash lights for my model as i can't find anything on this on the web.

also what are the recommended km for inspection 1 and 2, and is the 'inspection' light in my dash based only on km travelled? (its done 84Ks). thanks for any info.

the inspection light is related to kms travelled but i beleive it also monitors throttle openings and revs,so if you drive hard the services come round more often..i beleive the mileage for the services is about 15,000,

15 oil

30 ins1

45 oil

60 ins2

75 oil

90 ins1

105 oil

120 ins2

135 oil

150 ins1

165 oil

180 ins2

195 oil

210 ins1

thanks for that info :) i just got mine and i'm the first kiwi owner so no real history, although bmw inspection said it was Ex condition i'm not sure how they missed the warning light that's there and didn't tell me about it. what's the major differences between Inspection 1 & 2?

anyway will post pics in a week or so once its had M3 mirror installed :) ... its totally awesome to drive with the newer 6cyl engine, much smoother than my old '96 318iS.

inspection two a very complete service,ins 1 more a "tune up".If you arent sure of its service history a complete service would be my call including brake fluid and fresh coolant,at least you know where you stand.

inspection two a very complete service,ins 1 more a "tune up".If you arent sure of its service history a complete service would be my call including brake fluid and fresh coolant,at least you know where you stand.

thanks - btw just noticed the EML light is also on at ignition (then it goes off) - what does that mean?

if it goes on when you turn on then goes off after strt up or as you drive off I would say thats normal.You would have few others that do that like abs ??maybe somone with an e46 will chime in!

Hi Arcon

You may want to download a manual for your car. My e46 was an import so the manual was in Japanese. I found a owners manual on

https://oc.bmwusa.com/

I joined the "owners circle" by registering with a US serial number for someone else's car. After that I could download any manual.

If you like, I could email you the PDF as it is still on my PC. Just send me a message with your email address before Wed as I am out of the country for a couple of weeks. The file is about 2.1 MB

Ron :)

just had Inspection 1 done, its basically mint. turns out it was a faulty oil gauge sensor.