Sign in to follow this  
RichardM

Windows not working and roof saging.

So my car just got its WOF last week (YAY!!) and yeah. So I was going to a party with my mates and all of a sudden my windows arn't going down... so now when ever I come home from school its like a sawner in my car. So do you know what might of happened and how I can fix it?..... Also my roof is sagging.... so my hair touches the top and its really pisses me off... what can I do about that?

Cheers guys....

Edited by RichardM

What car do you drive? E36? You have to get the headliner recovered, the glue has failed on you. Window switches... are all windows bad? Check the window trip switch near the steering wheel.

What car do you drive? E36? You have to get the headliner recovered, the glue has failed on you. Window switches... are all windows bad? Check the window trip switch near the steering wheel.

i have a 318i 1992, yeah all the switches failed. u got a picture of the trip switch so i know what it looks like.?

sounds like a fuse if they all went at the same time, check fuse 13 and 14, and i recommend doing your headlining your self not that hard and saves your self some bucks.

I had same problem, I found that I had not relised I had a button next to my de-mister button along side the hazard button, this disables your electrics when pushed (I did not know this) so somebody pushed it again and they went.

Following this my drivers side window decided to die, it was the switch that had blowen up, new switch with light - $75

i have a 318i 1992, yeah all the switches failed. u got a picture of the trip switch so i know what it looks like.?

The circuit breaker is a rectangular button mounted vertically om dash R/H side of steering wheel, if tripped you will see a red ring showing around the button - push to reset.

Also there is a blue relay behind the glove box that switches power to the circuit breaker, - these relays fail in the printed circuit, dismantle & check for dry solder joints on the board.

Both the same problems happened to me

Window problem is prolly the relay.... buy a sceond hand headliner, If a ***** like me can figure out how to replace it, I'm sure any of y'all can do it too