Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Shock matching

im running jamex 40mm progressive springs, and am semi actively looking at shocks, does anyone know which shocks match the spring rate (s) of these springs? bilsteins are known to be good, would their sport shocks be matched? also looking at KYB's, anyone got experience with them and these jamex springs?

Guest Andrew

stay away from those foul KYB shocks. Do it right first time with Bilstein or Koni

Gus the shock has to match the rate which the spring will compress - and the rebound has to be quick enough so the wheels don't come off ground over bumps - and short enough so its within the range of the spring so it doesn't bounce.

which is why im asking....i like the sound of the dual adjustable konis chris was talking about....how much would they set me back? group buy? student ODraftable? why are ky b foul? surely if it doesnt bounce....

im with andy totally on this one, do the shocks right first time and get koni :D

you will not regret anything about that purchase.

Guest Spargo

im with andy totally on this one, do the shocks right first time and get koni

Agreed. Also, if you run Bilstein dampers with stiff springs (400-650 pounds) you'll probably end up blowing them unless you have them revalved. Koni SA's won't blow if you run agressive spring rates.

Guest Spargo

As a rule, ever so slightly more expensive for Koni's. I don't have exact prices tho.