Sign in to follow this  
skubez

Ol' Smokey

Apparently the price I received above was just for the engine - nothing else. A transmission and loom would cost an additional $1000 + GST extra.

There goes my plan of an upgrade.

I will be shopping for a new car in the near future. I will keep you posted.

Guest Andrew

Apparently the price I received above was just for the engine - nothing else. A transmission and loom would cost an additional $1000 + GST extra.

There goes my plan of an upgrade.

I will be shopping for a new car in the near future. I will keep you posted.

Thats a high price man - you need to look privately perhaps.

Look at getting a 6 cylinder rebuilt - I think glenn has one attached to a gearbox.

I wouldnt consider doing a engine swap from 4 to 6 unless I had the complete car to take all the parts from.I bought wrecked 325 for $900 which made it easy as it gave me all the parts I needed.If you had to buy all the parts seperately the cost would get out of hand.Parts that are different include-Springs,swaybar,radiator,gearbox,diff,wiring.Actually you may  have to change more parts than that as it depends on the age & model of the car/engine combo your using(those are just the parts that are different between a 323 & a 325) but you get the idea. :rolleyes:

Good luck Graeme

I was afraid of that. I will keep an eye out for a donor car, but at this point, a lot of the advice points to either just giving up (something I am not used to!) or not upgrading as you say from 4-6.

Decisions, decisions........

Dont get me wrong, I dont want to put you off the engine swap idea .I want to do it all over again but using a 3.5L m30 engine :wacko: