Sign in to follow this  
NL1

Wheel Camber in the front

I Hope someone can help.I bought my partner a 1995 318ti Jap import 85000 kms

I went in for a wheel alignment only to find the passenger side front camber was out by nearly 3 degrees.They thought it could be a bent strut so I replaced both struts.No Change.I was then told it could be the rear control arm bushes So I replaced the offender.you guessed it no change :rolleyes: .Any Ideas anyone.

Checked car out totally before we bought it couldn't find any evidence of collision damage.HELP

I live in Gisborne and we don't have anyone that I can find clued up on BMWs.

If you know a panelbeater, get them to chuck it on a chassis alignment machine and they'll be able to tell if it's not right very quickly. May have had a whack and put one of the towers out slightly?

If you know a panelbeater, get them to chuck it on a chassis alignment machine and they'll be able to tell if it's not right very quickly. May have had a whack and put one of the towers out slightly?

I would second this, a decent panelbeater will have all the specs for proper alignment of the car. He might not even have to put it on the chassis machine, I would suspect that the upper mount for the strut has had a whack/whatever and a simple measurement across the towers would confirm if the gap is too narrow/wide. (will be too narrow if you have excess negative camber).

You may have to travel to find a decent one however. A lot of so-called panelbeaters out there are just spare parts fitters with no idea about how to check/align a bent car.

It will just be the strut tower... they actually bend with a good wack (driving over a curb fast etc etc) as others have said ... its an easy thing to fix on a chassis jig. no big stress .. just a little bit of expense is all. Any good panel beater should be able to quote you.