Sign in to follow this  
deane30

Water in e30

hi guys,

I have recently noticed that whenever it rains or I wash my car I get s amall pool of water on the carpet in front of the drivers seat. There doesn't seem to be a trail of water from the door, though when i examined the door the rubber seal was cracked at the bottom.

Any ideas on the cause?

BTW the car is a 1988 e30

THANKS!!

Hey dude,

I've got water in my car aswell & currently investigating it. But it sounds like you have a hole near one of your looms or a rust crack as it only happens when it rains or when you wash your car, to really be sure, remove the carpet & check the walls thoroughly. You will be suprised.

Cheers.

Hey dude,

I've got water in my car aswell & currently investigating it. But it sounds like you have a hole near one of your looms or a rust crack as it only happens when it rains or when you wash your car, to really be sure, remove the carpet & check the walls thoroughly. You will be suprised.

Cheers.

Thanks mate,

Do you mean a rust crack on the floor of the car?

Also, Whats the easiest way to remove the carpet?

Thanks again

Check for rust along the loom holes along the wall. Just lift the carpet backwards, but depends on how much you want it out , then you wiil have to remove your seats & console.

Cheers

Drivers side is more likely to be at the back of the battery tray.

re

Drivers side is more likely to be at the back of the battery tray.

My bet also - or down the window glass - into door internals and dribbly do on to the floor.

If it only happened when it rained - contact the Real Estate people !

Paul - E30

Mine did exactly the same thing had me dumbfounded, found a tiny tiny crack of rust behind the sound deading behind the battery tray, underneath where the wipers are attached (round abouts there) and took out carpet and tested it, dribbled in that way nicely, no trail, just dripped onto the carpet,

Or more likerly, the drain hose in the firewall from wiper motor cavity is blocked which means the cavity fills up with water and overflows into the cabin via the heater system.

Hose is on the firewall above where the steering linkage goes through the firewall.

Its a flat, oval downpipe. Just remove it entirely.