Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Ignition System ??

Might be a dumb question, but why go to all the trouble of link etc etc and not run fuel injection which can be tuned on dyno etc. Surely fuel injection/timed is more precise than old carbs??

Might be a dumb question, but why go to all the trouble of link etc etc and not run fuel injection which can be tuned on dyno etc. Surely fuel injection/timed is more precise than old carbs??

Glenn wants to do something different. We are both old school gits and believe there is no better sound generated than that of six side-by-side ram-tubed carburettors with mouths wide open absolutely screaming for MORE AIR!!!!

Better than sex... :P

Will

Glenn wants to do something different. We are both old school gits and believe there is no better sound generated than that of six side-by-side ram-tubed carburettors with mouths wide open absolutely screaming for MORE AIR!!!!

Better than sex... :P

Will

I know where you guys are coming from but the more 'logical' (used loosely)is to fit up individual throttle bodies (fantastic sound) with a fully mapped ecu. You can never tune carbs across the rev range like fuel injection, only my opinion.

Nah, a car(not even an M) can never substitute for a women!! post-1048-1201988631_thumb.jpg

p.s. not unless you sell me your 325i Touring!

Edited by mr E34

Nah, a car(not even an M) can never substitute for a women!! post-1048-1201988631_thumb.jpg

Haha, at least when my car is screaming away in extasy, all I have to do to shut it up is turn off the ignition, peace and quiet and NO COMPLAINING!!!! :P

Will

Those Headers are beautiful!

Wish i had the room to fit those in the 535is.

Did they fit headers in your Motorsport 540is 6 speed Cain?

Haha, at least when my car is screaming away in extasy, all I have to do to shut it up is turn off the ignition, peace and quiet and NO COMPLAINING!!!! :P

Will

Don't forget Will if there are any complaints with the touring you know i will take it off your hands for a modest sum!

I also like music

I also like music

Imagine the sound of that old race spec CSL in the pix i posted, must have pulled some rev's to get over 400bhp.

just noticed on pix-8500rpm.

Edited by mr E34

Don't forget Will if there are any complaints with the touring you know i will take it off your hands for a modest sum!

If your name is Eragon, you might survive the wrath of my Dragon when you try to get her broom off her, otherwise keep clear!! :unsure: (I'm not brave enough.... :D )

the m 60 does seem to have at least rudimentary headers...definetley seperate pipes from each cylinder