Sign in to follow this  
e30plz

320i 1989 Mtech2

Is it possible to fit a tech 2 kit to a prefl? or would it involve alot of work? I'm probably more curious than actually serious about buying it!

It was a nice car the last time it was on trademe, but the reality is, who wants to a save a 320iA 4dr?

Me ? 4dr E30s are the sh*t.

Nope but the front and rear bumpers do.

Thats a shame, will have to keep my eye out.

Skirts are the same 2dr to 4dr, they're only different on the cabrio.

The door pods won't fit, obviously, and the skirts look, uh, strange without the door pods.

The front (two piece) and rear won't fit a pre-fl car. The front is "fairly" easy to swap over to a late model valance - so you can actually mount the bumper cover and lower front spoiler, I think the biggest task is hacking out the pre-fl tow hook mounts, as they're located differently.

The rear won't fit without shortening the kit at the wheel well ends, otherwise it will overhang into the wells. The pre-fl mounting points are closer to the car than on a FL.

What do you mean by the door pods, i cant see anything in the picture? Also how easily is the rear to mount(all on a facelift)

Skirts are the same 2dr to 4dr, they're only different on the cabrio.

The door pods won't fit, obviously, and the skirts look, uh, strange without the door pods

Well thats pretty much the skirts not fitting.. Edited by //James

What do you mean by the door pods, i cant see anything in the picture? Also how easily is the rear to mount(all on a facelift)

The parts of the skirt that are attached to the door i'm guessing.

Shouldn't be more than swapping bumpers, right ?

Easy. as James said, just swap the bumpers. Same with the front. Though with the state of that front, you'll want to get in contact with a pretty good plastic welder.

And my bad, the part numbers are different: 02 DOOR SILL 82119401459 / 02 DOOR SILL 1 82119401469, but they mount exactly the same, so in effect, there is no difference.

You'll want to pickup all the mounting clips and grommits etc that are used to mount them to the car, as they're easy to break. All can be had from BMW NZ, not too expensive either.

With the door pods - on a 2dr, the kit is 13 pieces, on a 4dr the kit is 15 pieces.

Right, still not really sure what they do or look like but will pop into chch bmw and find out about prices.

The pods are the bits above the side skirt, attached to the doors. The four door has two extra. And the 2 door ones are longer.

Edited by antony

The pods are the bits above the side skirt, attached to the doors. The four door has two extra. And the 2 door ones are longer.

Oh, i thought they were just part of the car. the bits that go like a 1/3rd of the way up the door?

All good,

Maybe one day you can share your knowledge of bagging a popemobile.

lol, his popeness deserves to roll in style too.

here is a PFL e30 with tech 2 kit, this was a mint car at one stage, supercharged b25 too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by togate

That red car looks like it’s got two Tongans in the boot! looks a bit wonky.

Shame that 320i is got so rough, the kit once straightened up would be worth a bit I would think.

would the door panels and side skirts fit on a touring at all?

how much modding is needed if not?

so how much does anyone reckon that kit is worth??

Wants 1k for it

Hi there

Because I have only just started selling it I am trying to sell it and a hole package.

I am looking around $1000 for the body kit. This includes the front and rear spoilers, side skirts, boot spoiler, and bits that go around the doors that have the m tech logo on it. I have been told that this kit is worth $4500 new then you have to paint it. I will separate it later if it has not sold.

Thanks

Scott

Edited by jeddy

would the door panels and side skirts fit on a touring at all?

how much modding is needed if not?

Yes, I have put the same Mtech 2 kit off a F/L 4 door sedan onto my Touring.