Sign in to follow this  
325isimon

E36 325i rb20det part3

Part 3.

Upside down extractors were fitted with a 38mm Tial style external wastegate.

The factory rb20det turbo was used but reconditioned and ceramic internals were replaced with steel items.

Stainless intercooling and intake piping was fabricated and a twin sequential blow off valve installed.

The Nissan manifold underwent some heavy modification with the pressurised air now entering from the front rather than accross the valve cover. The intake manifold was also shortened in height by approximately 6cm in order to enable the bonnet to close. Manifold was pressure tested and coated.

A walbro 500hp intank fuel pump replaced the factory pump , braided fuel lines, fuel filter and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator handle the fuel delivery.

3" exhaust system and twin tip muffler replaced the standard 325i exhaust which also meant the removal of the factory catalytic convertor.

The BMW automatic transmission mounts were removed and customised mounts were made to house the rb`s 5 speed manual box.

More progress pics

post-638-1225686817_thumb.jpg

post-638-1225686856_thumb.jpg

post-638-1225686932_thumb.jpg

post-638-1225687016_thumb.jpg

Nice work. Identical rear box to mine. I would have mounted it closer to the front of the car, so just the very end of the tips extend past the rear kit, but that's my useless opinion and it looks good how you have it.

more pics of car and zoomed out a bit engine bay pics to see how it all sits in there?

Top marks!

For those of you, like me, who want to see the rest of the pics, here is a link to the original project thread.

You may want to consider making updates in the original thread to keep everything together. I can merge them for you if you like.

Edited by bravo

Yeah, I'm loving the progess. The engine looks very happy in there.

Nice work. Identical rear box to mine. I would have mounted it closer to the front of the car, so just the very end of the tips extend past the rear kit, but that's my useless opinion and it looks good how you have it.

more pics of car and zoomed out a bit engine bay pics to see how it all sits in there?

Top marks!

For those of you, like me, who want to see the rest of the pics, here is a link to the original project thread.

You may want to consider making updates in the original thread to keep everything together. I can merge them for you if you like.

If you could that would awesome. still tryin to find my way around site.

The car is all done but i am just adding posts when I get time to.

Thanks for the feed back..