Sign in to follow this  
wild_weston

"CD ERROR" e46 stacker issue

Suprised this hasn't already been raised in a forum as I also had this on an e36 cd stacker (so I assume it is a pretty common occurence). I have searched but I couldn't find any threads.

Anyway, I think one of the CDs has become jammed in the stacker.

Head unit comes up with "CD error" when selecting stacker cds (pressing cd button twice).

Last time (e36) I took it up to a car audio place and they fixed it for free. Was just wondering if anyone on here knows the trick that they used so I can fix it myself.

Thanks

Suprised this hasn't already been raised in a forum as I also had this on an e36 cd stacker (so I assume it is a pretty common occurence). I have searched but I couldn't find any threads.

Anyway, I think one of the CDs has become jammed in the stacker.

Head unit comes up with "CD error" when selecting stacker cds (pressing cd button twice).

Last time (e36) I took it up to a car audio place and they fixed it for free. Was just wondering if anyone on here knows the trick that they used so I can fix it myself.

Thanks

Common problem...the loader motors fail and jams the stacker. You will need to send the stacker for repair.

Contact Max Electronics in St Leonards Road Mt Eden...Ph. (09) 6385252

Edited by *Glenn*

My new 530 did this to me, opened up the stacker myself, it was just one of the motorised arms needing a bit of motivation.

Mines just started doing this aswell. I dont usually listen to anything other than the radio so it hasnt bothered me.

Is it possible to DIY ?

I had a similar problem on a staker in a merc, guessing it's similar- just open it up (be slow when pulling it apart), and see whats stopping it, should be some DIY's out there as it must be common problem. good luck.