Sign in to follow this  
AN E30 Fan

E30 Touring (Alpina?)

Sounds good, Trademe is being a right homax atm, Won't open, keeps timing out... Will try give them a ring tomorrow for ya.

The miles clearly havnt been wound back.. Its just a typing input error at the wof station. It was meant to be 110,000.

Aside from that.. Itd be a mint project! Alpina or not a 2.5 Touring is rare, fun AND practical. Just like a dirty gf that cooks and cleans..

Edit: Its also a mint colour.

Edited by SIR E30

Sounds good, Trademe is being a right homax atm, Won't open, keeps timing out...

You mean Slingshot is being a right homax all the time, Lol.

I'll take it at $4k thanks.

are all tourings facelifts?

Right, 1988(?) through 1994.

The miles clearly havnt been wound back.. Its just a typing input error at the wof station. It was meant to be 110,000.

Aside from that.. Itd be a mint project! Alpina or not a 2.5 Touring is rare, fun AND practical. Just like a dirty gf that cooks and cleans..

Edit: Its also a mint colour.

Sh*t my bad, agreed even at 4k its a mean project car depending on how much it ends up going for.

If you got it for 6 and spent 4 on it (although 4 will turn into 7) freshening it up you could drive it for a few years and then sell it for 10-15k.

Looks like a bit of a pig though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, why does the market stay quite on the Touring front for over a year and then all of a sudden pop up with two?? Just when I was thinking about letting mine go.

Edited by Apex

Looks like a bit of a pig though.

How a pig??

Also, why does the market stay quite on the Touring front for over a year and then all of a sudden pop up with two?? Just when I was thinking about letting mine go.

It's because I want to buy one.

The universe is answering me. LOL.

What's wrong with an Auto?

:(

They're damn good autos at the end of the day... compared to... other... vehicles.

If you remotely enjoy driving auto E30’s fail big time, like rolling everywhere in neutral.

....oh and dam good compared to what? a 83 Civic, have you driven anything built in the last ten years with a auto, they have come a looooooooooong long way.

But they are a good auto in the way a P-addict with turrets syndrome is a good flat mate!

Was meaning pig as in rough as guts, dirty, worn out..etc, the price reflects this though so no problems there.

If you remotely enjoy driving auto E30’s fail big time, like rolling everywhere in neutral.

Feh, :P

Anywho, can someone kindly give me that number from teh auction, still can't get on trademe.

Edited by antil33t

Feh, :P

Anywho, can someone kindly give me that number from teh auction, still can't get on trademe.

021 2656771

Best contact time: Evening

Name: Craig

Speaking of typos... Ad claims an engine capacity of 3.0L?

LOL.

Just carjamed it.

I didn't know they made 1.4L engines.

Someone is telling porkies.

yet carjam claims it to a 1.5!, lol

surely the Alpina part must have slipped in under all these errors?!?!?!

RealOEM Vin Decoder says :

RealOEM

02/1989 E30 325i Touring M20 Europe Right hand drive Automatic

Production Code: AG62

Not sure if any of this helps ?

Went and had a look today,

Took the old man for me, as he's better at looking for faults than I, Unfortunately I don't have a camera, but there wasn't much to see,

The engine was allright, though missfired a little when it's cold but once it had warmed up, went fine. was a bit dirty though.

Body is good, only a small dint like, someones knee'd it, on the drivers side guard. small (about 1") surface rust on the sunroof.

No Leaks that we could detect.

No aircon, only two power windows, and the central locks don't work.

It's got brand new front tyres, and the rears aren't that bad,

Dad took it for a drive, said it's good, Quite powerfull compared to my 320i.. (cry)

Dad reckons if you can get it cheap enough, Do it.

Also turns out Dad knows the guy, He's a technolgy teacher from a local highschool heh.

Anything else?

Yeah, It says Alpina on the rego, and apparently it's chipped. - he has owned it for years however.

Thank you so much antil33t (sorry don't have your name handy) for going to look at it!

Legend.

No problem, and it's Michael. :)

Edited by antil33t

My Name is Craig and its my car on trade me

It seems to have caused quite a stir amongst the forums here...

I have owned this car for a few years now and have loved driving it every day it looks a bit sad because I haven't even cleaned it. I brought it with plans to do the restore but never had the cash/time. Stills drive beautifully had regular service from Cooke Howlinson BMW in Dunedin.

I never really wanted to sell it but It has got to go need the cash for other things. The Typo (2949) is a genuine mistake as i never wanted to deceive anyone about its cc rating. I also know that it is not the real 2.7 Alpina from the Alpina factory in Germany but a modded one from Sytner in England, hence the low reserve if it was the real 2.7 deal it would be on for a lot more.

Still it is a great car the drives and handles fantastically and would be a great project for a resto or just to drive.

If you have any ques just let me know.

Hahaha that's awesome Craig!

Must have been a little interesting for you, reading our squabblings about your car.

(We got found out...)

Good luck on the sale. :)