Sign in to follow this  
bmaguy

WTB: E36 320 UP

just looking for a newer bma, e36, four door, auto ok, black would be nice.. for around 6-7k :D

6- 7 k

Are you being a smartass or what?

Or do you want a 316i (no offense to 316's)

:lol:

Pretty much for 6 or 7 you'll be getting a low end 91-92 BMW 318 that is in poor condition and is sporting 15" Hubbys. And dont expect next to any 320's for under $8000 - thats ridiculous. As far as I'm concerned, my parents have been pressuring me to buy an E36 over an E30, not dising any E36 owners, but the crap you get for around 6 - 8 grand just aint good. Dont go out and buy a cheapie just because its a BMW. Owning a BMW is something to take pride in and be proud of, seeing people who dont appreciate beamers not taking care of there cars, is just, demoralising, buy a car you can be proud of - you get what you spend basically is what I'm trying to say, buy quality not based intirely upon price - spend that extra bit if you have to.

For between 7-10 you'll be looking at the crap - average good condition 318 - 325i 1993 - 1994. Or you'll find something newer than that but with higher km's of about 180k onward.

Between 10-12 you'll start to find the 1993 - 1995 BMW 318iS 's

For between 12 - 20 you'll find a range of cars from Pieces of SH*T to styly 318 - 325 maybe even a few 328's.

At 19-20k your just boardering on the like of getting a cheapy E46.

If your looking to buy a nice E36 I suggest you looking at spending at least $10 - 20k, look at 94-98 models up and keep in mind you may need an extra grand to service it once you get it. These ones are where they generally begin to have body kits and nice mags - if that is what your looking for. They usually are in good nick and have leather interior. You will find what your looking for in this section because theres just so many to chose from.

Make sure to keep an extra $120+gst handy before you purchase and take it into a BMW Registered Service Centre for a complete pre-purchase inspection, this way you'll know whether your buying a shitty car thats been done up to look nice, or a real minter.

If you think your've found a nice Black E36'er for under $7 I'd say its most likely too good to be true.

Your closest match so far is this grunter, http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-22599155.htm - beside the fact that the start price is not within 15% of the reserve so it wont be going for any less than - $8625. In regards to its condition, it looks good, needs a clean - obvious owner doesnt take that extra bit of care of it, its got reasonable KM's for its age - but are they believable I mean only 7,500 km a year ? , early 90's version I've been told to steer clear of as this is the newer stage of the E36 before they ironed out any of the technical problems, apparently they have small nigly problems that just keep on coming back to kick ya in the pants.

Edited by E30stz

Owning a BMW is something to take pride in and be proud of, seeing people who dont appreciate beamers not taking care of there cars, is just, demoralising, buy a car you can be proud of.

The guys right. You gotta hand it to him.

Go and buy a bloody excelent E30 325i maybe a cheap m325i or something like that.

If you gonna get a E36 buy a 14 000 dollar one like ours.

Hmmm thats pretty low mate $$, ive got an e36 320 saloon Black, including new M front , new M suspension, new air con, new sandard seats, new radio ..... the list goes on but i would be looking for around 14K ono and thats with highish Kms, 6pots if serviced go all day. ... awesome

yea although a kit would only look good with decent mags on it, standard ones just look a bit :(

Agreed.

Its like a riced up Evo - kit, interior, sounds and all

And whats that ? Standard STEELIES?

Hah

No offense to steels.

"Body work needs a tidy up..Left hand side paint has a big scratch, and Right hand side has had a repair prevouisly, and it looks a little rough. "

my mate is looking for a e36 aswell around that price maybe up to 10k so im looiing out for some for him so if i see any ill let u know aswell

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Well this is what she looks like but ive had to replace the rims as they are on my other car now.

I would put her in the sale section but ive got afew more thing to do to here before she moves on....

137Ks is on the clock at the moment... still going real strong...

Edited by ali

The ACS roof spoiler came all the way from Germany through the dealer, thats right i paid for it and only had it on the car about five months before i stopped driving her....not very smart ahahah the cars been sitting at home for the past year.... still gets serviced and what ever else needs to be done at the time.. i really should put her up for sale... she's still under warranty which is up at the end of this year. Was my first car sooo dont really want to see her go ... u all know what its like!

Edited by ali

thas actually quite cool - everything colour coded, 2.5l, leather etc. cream leather wouldnt be the best colour with a silver car, but meh, if it's in good nick then it's a damn good deal, 7.5k buy now!

I know! - I'd buy it, but 1) I don't want to go to Welly to do it. 2) I haven't even broken in my 320 yet - I've only done 3000 kms in her since I bought her, so it's to early to "upgrade".

Looks like a good deal unless the engine is shagged. Lowish kms too.

Guest Andrew

I think anyone with a Early 90s 320 or 318 who wants over 10 grand is kidding themselves. Those cars wholesale for like 3000

haha, bravo you've had that car for a while, what the hell do you do with it???/ guess if you use your company ute for weekends and sh*t too.....

Another bloody good buy. Is it just me, or have prices just dropped crazily in the last two weeks? I only paid just less than this for my E30 with 97.000 genuine clicks!

Tradme linkage