Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

New leather colour

fridges too!

It's not proper luxury until it's got a champagne chiller.

Got familiar with E39 comfort seats this weekend. Have had an airbag light for some time which wouldn't clear. First time I scanned was with knock off scanner and the fault code indicated that it had the wrong seat module. I'd swapped the driver's seat for one with working lumbar support but it didn't have the electronic steering column adjustment - so I'd assumed this was the problem.

Tom - M3_Power - helped me out and we discovered the issue was actually a faulty driver's side seat belt tensioner. With a warrant due I had to sort it out quick smart. Anyway, got the seat and took it and the original seat apart. I swapped the back from the one with working lumbar support and fitted to the original base with electronic steering wheel adjustment and swapped the lumbar support motors just to be sure. Put everything back together including new plastic trim and hey presto... Fault cleared!! Great result and also know what I'm doing with the seats now for when I finish the recolour so I can fit new leather and driver's cushion.

Warrant first though...

post-16586-1360617522.jpeg

post-16586-1360617490.jpeg

post-16586-1360617529.jpeg