Sign in to follow this  
Guest hizza bizza

hydraulic lifters

Guest hizza bizza

well its time for me to replace my lifters, I was kinda hoping i could hold out for another engine or something (was looking to get something with a manual gearbox) but I just went for a roll and that taping of rooted lifters is just too much. Anyone had to replace theirs yet? The chick I purchased the car of reckoned she had a quote for about $400. this sound a fair price?

Just live with the tapping. AFAIK, all E30's are prone to this. It personally doesn't bother me, and mine tap away all of the time.

Cheers

alternatively, buy my milo can....cant hear anything else at all! personally i love the sound...sounds nice and mechanical....know your engine is doing something!

Guest hizza bizza

or just turn the stereo up to drown it out.

hahah thats what I do :D , was only going to be a short term solution though haha

Guest hizza bizza

I was told by a mechanic it can fuk your cams if left for too long, anyone else heard of that?

Guest Andrew

I was told by a mechanic it can fuk your cams if left for too long, anyone else heard of that?

who cares.. just wait till it dies

Just live with the tapping. AFAIK, all E30's are prone to this. It personally doesn't bother me, and mine tap away all of the time.

Cheers

All e30 6 cylinders have solid lifters.Why dont you just adjust them???

Guest hizza bizza

Cheers

All e30 6 cylinders have solid lifters.Why dont you just adjust them???
i take it your talking to grant aye? As 318's are 4 cylinder. Wish i could just get mine adjusted, no such luck though :( ...tap tap tap............

Hey Hizza Bizza i have a set of lifters for your car but i dont know if i would put used parts in to another engine ?.You might end up with worse clearance problems than you already have.

cheers Graeme.

Guest hizza bizza

Hey Hizza Bizza i have a set of lifters for your car but i dont know if i would put used parts in to another engine ?.You might end up with worse clearance problems than you already have.

cheers Graeme.

oh yeah, could be worth a shot. Any idea how many kays the engine had done that they came out of? What kinda price are you after for them?

cheers, hizza

Guest hizza bizza

already been down that path, had them checked out but they are just plain and simple rooted

cheers Graeme.

oh yeah, could be worth a shot. Any idea how many kays the engine had done that they came out of? What kinda price are you after for them?

cheers, hizza

the engine they out of ( i should say in ) is a 1988 318 with 170 000km on it . I have only run the engine for a few minutes since i bought the car because it has a cracked head & overheats but the tappets seem O.K. $40 for the set would be good .Ill pull the engine out this weekend if you want them.

Guest hizza bizza

yeah man, sounds good. So they'll definately fit? (just wondering as mines a 90 and they are out of an 88). Flick me a pm when you've got them out and I'll get some details from you to suss out payment and courior (spelling) etc

Cheers hizza

Guest hizza bizza

don't suppose there was a gearbox of the manual variety on the end of this engine that you want to get rid of by chance aswell :D

don't suppose there was a gearbox of the manual variety on the end of this engine that you want to get rid of by chance aswell :D

Sorry no its an auto