Sign in to follow this  
kiwi535

driven

WOW...its all about the engine.Even just a light squeeze on the throttle has this thing surging forward.A big foot full has it changing down twice and accelerating hard on a short uphill passing lane.Impressive.The obc said 8.6 l 100km when i left the dealer,8.4l 100km when i got back!

You can not tell this is a diesel from inside the car.Even outside the car its fairly quiet.There are some things i didnt find so impressive.The transmission had a bit of a whine,dont know if they are all like that.Had at least 18 in wheels.noisier on chip seal than on the hot mix,choppy ride on uneven stuff.

HUD display of speed and cruise settings was cool

Edited by kiwi535

The tired 530d I test drove had a slight transmission whine too, it had done 327k ks though.

drove a 530d not long ago didnt notice whine in that one.

It could be that the gearbox needs a service and reset, the pre-LCI 535ds tended to wear quickly and UK models seem to be prone to that. (Uncle's 535D touring in Cardiff is on its second gearbox, to be fair he had put 200k miles on the first)

It could be that the gearbox needs a service and reset, the pre-LCI 535ds tended to wear quickly and UK models seem to be prone to that. (Uncle's 535D touring in Cardiff is on its second gearbox, to be fair he had put 200k miles on the first)

what year were the LCI?

what year were the LCI?

Mid to Late 2007. I do think UK got it late '07 Edited by The Juggernaut