Sign in to follow this  
jayzrb

e30 m10b18 pistons nd rods

Where can i buy forged pistons and conrods in new zealand for e30 m10b18 low comp 8:5:1

Cheers

You probably don't need rods, in particular if you can find some 2002 or e21 ones (which are even stronger).

Assuming you are looking to turbo a 318i, I reckon you have 2 options:

1) Turbo it, see what happens (might be ok, if you are sensible on boost).

2) Specifically build an engine for boost, and assuming you're getting pistons made:

2 litre crank (forged, counterweighted, longer stroke)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/bmw/engines/auction-840438431.htm

Then you can use the E21 rods, get them reconditioned / prepped. I'd say the combo of the above is cheaper than forged rods and gets you a forged crank and 13% more displacement.

Then pistons to match whatever height the block measures to (and your combustion volume). I bought JE pistons to my custom specification a while ago through Glendene Engine Reconditioners (who did the other engine prep). My recollection is that they were only about 20% more than buying them from overseas.

What cam (and rockers) are you thinking?

Or you could buy my 2.0L M10, in the e21 i think they were only about 8.5:1 as standard. ;)