Sign in to follow this  
dkonsta1

Instrument Cluster Needle gauges removal tool. Anybody has one?

Hi guys, I am trying to remove my speedo needles in a safe way without destroy the stepper motors.

On ebay there is something like that

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dashboard-Instrument-Cluster-Pointers-Removal-Tool-for-BMW-Mazda-On-Sale-/151180798836?hash=item233313eb74&item=151180798836&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr

Would anyone have one availbel?

Also, any recent experience from the guys in Robinson Instruments Service how much to fix a stepper motor? (just in case....)

Cheers.

Dimi

Robinsons know their stuff, years ago because they weren't able to at the time, I sent my cluster to the states for pixel repair, I then linked them to the repairer for the process. They have been doing them since.

Bugger... I've never touched the needles myself and always used Robinsons... To much room for error. Ray (HellBM) or Brent (BM World) will have a replacement cluster.

Got replacement cluster the guys are working on it. Fixed pixels now we need to do the recording right. Fingers crossed.