Sign in to follow this  
glen.riley.1990

e36 M3 3.0 oxy sensors - Need em ?

Do you need em ? how is running without them going to affect things ? would the car have needed a re-flash to run without them?

it seems to have been running ok, and pulls as hard as other 3.0s i have driven

crawling around under the car today starting replacing the guibo and i noticed a couple plugs on the g'box x-member with no wires coming from them. looked further down the line and the wires coming from the oxy sensors have been clipped and ziptied out of the way.

my old one had the o2 sensors removed when the cats were cut out many years ago. Never had an issue, and as it had no CEL (iirc it was too early for one) there was no light but it did log codes in the system for them. No records of it being chipped or tuned, and according to interweb reports the old E36s its pretty common to pull them out when they fail and just not replace them.

I did often wonder though what the economy would have been like if i readded them but the cost put me off. I since sold the car.