Sign in to follow this  
Ahmedsinc

Weller service agent

Evening all, does anyone know of a Weller soldering iron service agent in NZ? Was using my pyropen this afternoon, gave it a gentle flick to dislodge a bit of slag on the tip and since then it won't run at all. Still have butane flowing through the nozzle but I wonder if something has become dislodged / fallen out of the ceramic burner. Once the tip assembly is removed it still ignites, but instead of a steady blue flame from the burner it now shoots fire from the four intake vents at the base of the jet assembly :(

Not overly impressed, the unit is less than 2 years old and has only seen very gentle DIY usage. Will give Ron Enright a call tomorrow morning (hopefully they still open Saturdays!) but if anyone knows of a repair agent that'd be great.

Before the question is asked, yes I have tried using other tips (no success) and it has only ever been run on Weller branded gas

Edited by Ahmedsinc

Bump.

Any leads will be most appreciated. Am using a crappy $40 iron from jaycar in the meantime, it's making me miss my Weller even more!!

Apex Tool Group are the Australasian distributors represented by Digi-Key here in NZ. Apex Au have a Warranty statement (pdf) on their web site. Perhaps you could try one of those leads if you haven't already?

I know your pain, I love my Weller.

Will be on the phone tomorrow morning to Ron Enrights, hopefully they can sort me out. Being a proper indy shop they don't open weekends so I've been in limbo until they open in the morning :( Don't know if Enrights are a distributor in their own right or just a reseller of Apex. Given they're a standalone outfit thats been around since Adam was a sperm I'm hoping they import their stock themselves. My biggest issue is lack of purchase documentation - I've shifted house twice since I bought it and have not the faintest idea where the receipt might have gone. Have had impeccable after sales support from them in the past though - with a little luck they can match the serial to their paperwork :)

The Digitech one from jay car really is horrible, I can only liken it to trying to solder with a heated sledgehammer. Have burnt myself three times already, never even scorched hairs with the Pyropen!

• Like 1