Sign in to follow this  
manamari

My e30

Hey here's my e30, I got it off trade me pretty cheap but so far it's been pretty good (touch wood). It only failed wof on tyres there's a few little things that I won't to do with it but I don't plan on doing any thing to extreme 

b0ufigrv.dgk.jpg

I've only done little things so far like this cup holder I knocked up. I don't really like the comic pictures on it but it looks better then the pine plus it's hidden by the seats

usq11bfd.sre.jpg

axk1ydoc.rzf.jpg

I also got this Jeff grey dealer rego holder because it looks more oem and better then the usual post office and vtnz ones. I also picked up a nos 80s AA high brake light for $2 from an op shop that was half the size of the old one

mgwsnobk.4cp.jpg

Cheers mana

Edited by manamari

Yesterday I picked up this 

usfhqecn.boe.jpg

I got everything off it that I wanted and now want it gone. Most parts are gone but just hmu for any parts, I would like the whole car gone by this weekend

5jpfrm0x.tr0.jpg

That's basically all I wanted from it

OK so I got rid of the parts car a few weeks go for more then what I paid so I'm pretty stocked with that and I got the majority of the parts I wanted off it including a new bonnet release cable so no more vise grips. 

My speedo stopped working a couple days ago so I thought I'd use the one from the parts car but after I had already pulled mine out I realized it only went to 220 and mine was a 240, so I put it in but it still didn't work. Anyone know how to fix it?

Also I've put another head unit in it but when ever I take the key out it resets it's self any one know what I've done wrong?

20161209_153652_resized.jpg

20161126_122801_resized.jpg

the radio resetting will be cuz u need to wire up a continuous supply of power line (dont know exactly what its called) but theres usually 2 wires for power, most likely you've only connected the one or done something wrong. it shouldnt reset if connected right

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, manamari said:

Also I've put another head unit in it but when ever I take the key out it resets it's self any one know what I've done wrong?

This will be because you are using switched 12V power on the pin that needs constant 12V (i.e. connected straight from battery) the stereo uses constant 12V to retain the presets and the switched 12V to turn on the unit when you put the key in. Figure these out and it should be all good.

• Like 1

Red/green - 12v live. Purple/white - acc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonoe30 said:

This will be because you are using switched 12V power on the pin that needs constant 12V (i.e. connected straight from battery) the stereo uses constant 12V to retain the presets and the switched 12V to turn on the unit when you put the key in. Figure these out and it should be all good.

27 minutes ago, hotwire said:

Red/green - 12v live. Purple/white - acc

Cheers?? wish I figured that out with the previous head unit

Also what does the thin grey and red wire do?